Destroy the Runner
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Destroy the Runner|
|Also known as||Die Like Me (2004-2006)|
|Origin||San Diego, California, US|
|Genres||Metalcore, progressive metal|
|Years active||2004–2010, 2016–present|
|Associated acts||Austrian Death Machine, Count Your Curses, Chapter 14, Other Mountains, Abandoner|
Nick "Maldy" Maldonado
|Past members||Chad Ackerman
Destroy the Runner is an American heavy metal band from San Diego, California, United States. Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying managed them for their album Saints, and did so again with Jason Rudolph for their second album I, Lucifer.
Destory the runner was signed by Solid State Records, on which their debut album Saints was released on September 12, 2006, to mixed reviews. Their name is reportedly a reference to the 1976 film Logan's Run.
Both Kyle Setter and Jeremiah Crespo would leave the band in 2007, and were replaced by Chad Ackerman and Tanner Sparks.
On April 15, 2008, Destroy the Runner released I, Lucifer. The album has a more progressive sound, with less screaming than their previous album. It charted in the U.S. on the Billboard Top Christian Albums chart at No. 27 and on the Top Heatseekers chart at No. 25.
On May 16, 2010, Destroy the Runner announced that they would taking an "indefinite hiatus".
On April 22, 2016, the band updated their Facebook. This update hinted at new material, and also reestablished the band's original members to their current lineup.
On May 1, 2016, the band announced that the four original band members were regrouping and had already written songs that were ready to be recorded for an EP. They also announced an Indiegogo campaign featuring a short clip of new music. The EP is slated to be released in Fall 2016. The band later announced the EP would be titled Void.
Duane Reed and Nick Maldonado are both members of the experimental metalcore band Abandonner.
Chad Ackerman and Tanner Sparks are both members of the post-hardcore band Chapter 14.
Chad Ackerman sings for the electro-rock group Count Your Curses.
- Nick “Maldy" Maldonado – lead guitar (2004–2010, 2016–present)
- Duane Reed – rhythm guitar, vocals (2004–2010, 2016–present)
- Kyle Setter – lead vocals (2004–2007, 2016–present)
- Marc Kohlbry – drums (2004–2008, 2016–present)
- Chad Ackerman – lead vocals (2007–2010)
- Tanner Sparks – bass guitar (2007–2010)
- Mike Catalano – drums (2008–2010)
- Jeremiah Crespo – bass guitar (2005–2007)
- Die Like Me (2004) (self-released)
- Void (2016) (self-released)
- "End Trasmission" (2016)
- Saints (Saints)
- Isabella's (I, Lucifer)
- Allmusic biography
- "I, Lucifer review". Punk76.com. Retrieved 2008-08-16.[dead link]
- "Destroy The Runner to reunite? - News - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Destroy The Runner premiere new song, set to release EP". Lambgoat. November 16, 2016. Retrieved November 23, 2016.