This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)
|Single by Cecilia Vennersten|
"Det vackraste" (lit. "The Most Beautiful Thing" eng. "Living in a Dream") is a Swedish love song. It was originally sung by Swedish pop singer Cecilia Vennersten and finished second in the Melodifestivalen 1995, the Swedish selections for Eurovision Song Contest. The song was released as a single and stayed 47 weeks in the Swedish singles chart total, including seven weeks at number-one. It also stayed at Svensktoppen for 26 weeks during the period 29 April-21 October 1995, with 3rd place as best result there. The song was awarded a Swedish Grammy Award, Grammis, for Best Song of 1995. In Norway, "Det vackraste" peaked at number 2.
The song is written by Nanne Grönvall, Peter Grönvall and Maria Rådsten. They also form the pop group One More Time, and they recorded the song with English lyrics in 1997, called "Living in a Dream".
In 2005, ten years after the original performance by Cecilia Vennersten, a cover version of the original lyrics was recorded by Swedish dansband and schlager singer Lotta Engberg on her album Kvinna & man.
- "Kvinna & man". Svensk mediedatabas. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. 16 September 1995. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- Norwegian singles chart positions
- Swedish singles chart positions
- "Årslista Singlar, 1995" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 24 November 2019.