Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up detention in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Detention may refer to:
Types of detention
- Detention (imprisonment), imprisonment of someone guilty or suspected of a crime
- Detention basin, an artificial flow control structure that is used to contain flood water for a limited period of time
- Immigration detention, imprisonment of an unauthorised person entering a country
- Preventive detention
- Remand (detention), the keeping in custody of an arrested person awaiting adjudication
- School detention, a form of punishment used in schools
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Detention (2003 film), an American action film directed by Sidney J. Furie
- Detention (2010 film), an American horror film starring Preston Jones and David Carradine
- Detention (2011 film), an American horror film directed by Joseph Kahn and starring Josh Hutcherson
- Detention (2019 film), a Taiwanese horror film set during the White Terror, based on the video game of the same name.
- "Detention" (Cold Case episode), episode 58 (3.12) of the television series Cold Case
- Detention (TV series)
- Detention (video game), a Taiwanese horror game set during the White Terror.
- "Detention", a song by Melanie Martinez from her 2019 album K-12
- All pages with titles beginning with Detention
- All pages with titles containing Detention
- Custody (disambiguation)
- Detention center (disambiguation)
- Detonation (disambiguation)
- Involuntary commitment
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Detention.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.