Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up detention centre in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A detention center or a detention centre is any location used for detention. Specifically, it can mean:
- A jail or prison, a facility in which inmates are forcibly confined and denied a variety of freedoms under the authority of the state as a form of punishment after being convicted of crimes
- A structure for immigration detention
- An internment camp
- A youth detention center, a secure prison or jail for persons under the age of majority
- A nucleolar detention center, in cell biology
- A place where students are given detention.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Detention center.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.