|Full name||Detroit Waza Flo|
|Stadium||Detroit City Fieldhouse|
|League||Major Arena Soccer League 2|
|2017–18||5th, Eastern Division|
Playoffs: Did not qualify
The Waza Flo are an American professional arena soccer team and a member of the Major Arena Soccer League 2 (M2). The team's nickname, "Waza", is both a Japanese word that means "good technique" (技) and a Swahili word meaning "to think clearly".
The team was founded in 2008 as Detroit Waza Flo, and were a charter member of PASL-pro, the league that was an offshoot of the Professional Arena Soccer League (PASL) and would eventually be rechristened the MASL in 2014. The team had 3 homes during its 7 seasons in the Detroit area, the last 2 of which were at the Melvindale Ice Arena in suburban Melvindale, Michigan. In September 2015, the team announced it would play its home matches for the 2015-16 MASL season at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center in Flint, Michigan. As part of the process, the team dropped the "Detroit" from its name and logo, becoming simply Waza Flo; should they receive a welcome reception in Flint, team ownership noted it would consider adding "Flint" to the team's name. Starting in 2018, the team plays its home matches at the Detroit City Fieldhouse in Detroit, Michigan.
- Dominic Scicluna - Co-Owner/Captain
- Mario Scicluna - Co-Owner
Kathy Coyne - General Manager Leif Larsen - Director of Operations
This section needs to be updated.July 2019)(
|League Champions||Runners-Up||Division Champions||Playoff Berth|
|Year||Win||Loss||League||Reg. Season||Playoffs||Attendance||U.S. Open Cup|
|2008–09||7||9||PASL-Pro||4th Eastern||DNQ||3,324||Championship Game|
|2010–11||8||8||PASL-Pro||3rd Eastern||DNQ||301||Round of 16|
|2011–12||13||3||PASL||1st Eastern||Lost Finals||454||Quarter-Finals|
|2012–13||14||2||PASL||1st Eastern||Lost Finals||410||U.S. Open Cup Champions|
|2013–14||10||5||PASL||2nd Eastern||Lost Divisional Playoff||565||Round of 16|
|2015–16||9||9||MASL||3rd Eastern||Lost Divisional Playoff||968||N/A|
|2017–18||2||10||MASL 2||5th Eastern||DNQ||N/A||N/A|
Awards and honors
- 2011-12 PASL Eastern Division
- 2012-13 PASL Eastern Division
- Compuware Arena, Plymouth, Michigan (2008-2009)
- Taylor Sportsplex, Taylor, Michigan (2009-2013)
- Melvindale Ice Arena, Melvindale, Michigan (2013-2015)
- Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center, Flint, Michigan (2015-2016)
- Melvindale Ice Arena, Melvindale, Michigan (2017)
- Detroit City Fieldhouse, Detroit, Michigan 2018-
- Camara, Juan (February 26, 2013). "Detroit Waza Flo looking for recognition". The News-Herald. Southgate, MI: Journal Register Company. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Schikora, Steven (November 12, 2013). "Waza Flo teams up with Hooligans for Heroes to help Wounded Warrior Project". The News-Herald. Southgate, MI: 21st Century Newspapers. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- Woodyard, Eric (September 29, 2015). "Major Arena Soccer League team moves home games to Flint's Dort Federal Event Center". The Flint Journal. Flint, MI: Booth Newspapers. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
|This article about a soccer club from Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|