|Born||25 June 1989|
Dwarahat, Uttarakhand, India
|Years active||2013 – present|
Dev Negi (born 25 June 1989) is a singer-songwriter and a playback singer based in Mumbai, India. Negi has recorded numerous charbuster songs for hindi films, regional films, albums, television and TV commercials. The song Biba which is a collaboration of the international DJ Marshmello and music composer Pritam has been sung by Negi along with Shirley Setia & Pradeep Sran. His song Badri Ki Dulhania was the most viewed Indian song on YouTube in 2017.
Negi hails from a hilly town Dwarahat of Almora, Uttarakhand. He has done his schooling from a local state run intermediate school. During his childhood, he used to perform in school and local cultural events and he spent his maximum time in listening to Mohammed Rafi & Kishore Kumar's songs. According to Negi, he has learnt most of the music through listening and he too mentioned Rafi saab as an institution to him. After his schooling, he moved to Jalandhar, Punjab for higher education. Negi holds a bachelor's degree in music from Apeejay College of Fine Arts and he has learned Hindustani classical music from his guru Shri Vinod Verma ji. He trained his voice there in Jalandhar and by the end of 2010 he shifted to Mumbai.
Negi made his debut with the song "Aaja Ab Jee Le Zara" from the film Ankur Arora Murder Case in 2013. He sang "Hai Yehi Zindagi" (film version) for Sajid Nadiawala's Kick and the title track of Ungli in 2014. In 2015, he got noticed when his two film songs released consecutively, "Ho Gaya Hai Pyaar" from Tanu Weds Manu Returns and "Coffee Peetey Peetey" from Gabbar Is Back. These songs brought him fame but "Badri Ki Dulhania" in 2017 came out as a major milestone in his career. After that he recorded a list of major chartbusters including "Chalti Hai Kya 9 Se 12" from Judwaa 2, "Sweety Tera Drama" from Bareilly Ki Barfi, "Butterfly" from the film Jab Harry Met Sejal, "Sweatheart" from Kedarnath and many others. His song Naach Meri Jaan for the Salman Khan starrer Tubelight has the Kumaoni lyrics written by him. It was for the first time when Kumaoni language has been used in a mainstream Hindi film song. Negi has done rapping in the song "Rang Laal" from Force 2 along with John Abraham which perfectly depicts the emotions of every Indian, post the Uri terror attack and India's retaliatory surgical strike. Apart from the films, he has sung several title tracks for television including Mere Rang Mein Rangne Waali, Ek Boond Ishq, Beintehaa and Nisha Aur Uske Cousins. Besides, he has recorded songs for Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu, Bengali films. From then to now, he has shown his versatility by singing in different genres.
Negi was born in Dwarahat on 25 June 1989. His father is an ex-army man and a former boxing player and mother is a homemaker. Negi is the youngest among his siblings. Being born and brought up in a Kumaoni – Rajput family, he has no ancestral roots to the music. However, he feels the music is always there in the beauty of hills and that has always been a big inspiration to him. In an interview, he mentioned that the feel is the most important factor in singing, particularly in playback and that feel is there in his singing due to the hills.
|2020||Raja Ganpati (feat. Asees Kaur, Deedar Kaur)||Raja Ganpati – Single||Asees Kaur, Deedar Kaur||Tanishk Bagchi||Rashmi Virag||Times Music|
|Kahin Ka Na Chorha||Kahin Ka Na Chorha – Single||Bharat Goel||Siddhant Kaushal|
|2019||Choodiyan (feat. Jackky Bhagnani & Dytto)||Choodiyan — Single||Asees Kaur||Tanishk Bagchi||Shabbir Ahmed||Jjust Music|
|Zaroori To Nahi||Zaroori To Nahi – Single||Dev Negi||Saba Akbarabadi, Amit Sharma||Indie Music Label|
|BIBA (feat. Marshmello & Pritam)||BIBA – Single||Shirley Setia & Pradeep Sran||Marshmello & Pritam||JoyTime Collective|
|Psycho||Psycho – Single||Rajjat Sharma||Dev Negi||Indie Music Label / Sony Music India|
|2018||Yeh Kya Hua||Broken But Beautiful||Shreya Ghosal||Rana Mazumdar||Amitabh Bhattacharya||ALTBalaji|
|Side Wala Hero||SideHero||Vayu||Vayu||Eros Now|
|2017||Tujhme Hi Mera Jahaan||Tujhme Hi Mera Jahaan – Single||Aslam Keyi||B K Samant||Times Music|||
|Roke Na Ruke / Mast Magan (with Tulsi Kumar)||T-Series Mixtape||T-Series|||
|2016||Pukarta Chala Hoon||The Jam Room||Sony Mix|
|Din Dhal Jaye|
|Jeevan Ke Har Mod Pe||Paroma Das Gupta|
|2019||Bengali||Jurajuri (জুরাজুরি)||Oriplast Originals||Protijyoti Ghosh||Ritam Sen, Sambalpuri Folk Lyrics – Binod Pasayat||Anushree Gupta||SVF Music|
|Jamai Badal Title Song||Jamai Badal||Jeet Gannguli||Priyo Chattopadhyay||Payal Dev||Surinder Films|
|2018||Masha Allah||Sultan: The Saviour||Savvy||Raja Chanda||Akriti Kakkar||Grassroot Entertainment|
|Chai Na Kichui||Inspector Notty K||Suddho Roy||Priyo Chatterjee||Shweta Pandit|
|2017||Hawai Hawai||Jio Pagla||Jeet Gannguli||Prasenjit Mallick||Monali Thakur||SVF Music|||
|Chaap Nishna||Shrestha Bangali||Anjjan Bhattacharya||Lipi Katiha||Mamta Sharma
|Zee Music Company|||
|Jaya Tomari||Chaamp||Jeet Gannguli||Raja Chanda||Raja Chanda|||
|2015||Marathi||Deva Ganesha||Yudh.. Astitvachi Ladai||Vivek Kar||Jaffer Sagar||Adarsh Shinde
|Chal Door Door (Unplugged)|
|2013||Punjabi||Teri Meri Jodi||Haani||Jaidev Kumar||Kumaar||Shipra Goyal||Saga Music|||
- "Dev Negi: My struggle has been different – Times of India". The Times of India. 22 May 2015. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Dev Negi doesn't record songs without knowing the actor he's singing for | music". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Love singing romantic songs most: Dev Negi". Ians Live. 19 April 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' Singer Dev Negi On Bollywood Business". ETC Bollywood. 1 March 2017. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Dev Negi: I owe my success to Kumaarji". Radio and Music. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "FB Live: Dev Negi Belts Out His 'JHMS' Number 'Butterfly'". The Quint. 27 July 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Uttarakhand singer Dev Negi: My style of singing is inspired from Kumaoni music". TOI. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Dev Negi: You can never say 'no' to anything in Bollywood". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "JHMS singer Dev Negi: I want to sing romantic songs, not just peppy dance numbers". Hindustan Times. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Singing is tougher than preparing for Indian Administrative Exam says Dev Negi". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "John Abraham puts his baritone to good use paying tribute to Indian army". Deccan Chronicle. 22 October 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "JDev Negi: Expressions in the voice are important; that's what connects a singer to his eventual audience". The Times of India. 27 August 2020. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- "Dev Negi made a bang in bollywood". Hindustan. 3 March 2017. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Dev Negi crooned for Emraan Hashmi". Amar Ujala. 16 November 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Simmba's Singer Dev Negi to release his new single in January". India Today. 27 July 2019. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- Tujme Hi Mera Jahaan – Single on Apple Music, 21 April 2017, retrieved 20 January 2018
- T-Series Mixtape by Various Artists on Apple Music, 11 August 2017, retrieved 3 January 2018
- Jio Pagla (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – Single by Jeet Gannguli on Apple Music, 13 October 2017, retrieved 3 January 2018
- Shrestha Bangali (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – EP by Sanjeev – Darshan on Apple Music, 31 August 2017, retrieved 3 January 2018
- Chaamp (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – EP by Jeet Gannguli on Apple Music, 10 June 2017, retrieved 3 January 2018
- Yudh – Astitvachi Ladai (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – EP by Vivek Kar on Apple Music, 8 May 2015, retrieved 3 January 2018
- Haani (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Jaidev Kumar on Apple Music, 22 August 2013, retrieved 3 January 2018