Devadasu (2006 film)
|Directed by||Y.V.S Chowdary|
|Produced by||Y.V.S Chowdary|
|Written by||Y.V.S Chowdary(story & screenplay)
Chintapalli Ramana (Dialogues )
|Cinematography||Bharani K. Dharan|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
|11 January 2006|
|Box office||14 crores|
Devadasu is a Tollywood film that released on 11 January 2006 and was directed and produced by YVS Chowdary. Debutants Ram and Ileana D'Cruz play the main leads while Sayaji Shinde plays the negative role. Indian actress Shriya Saran sizzles the audience with a special role.This film also won 2 Filmfare Awards South. This film was both Ram's and Ileana D'Cruz's debut film as artists. The movie Dubbed in Malayalam as Devdas also remade in Bengali as Paglu (2011). It was later dubbed in Hindi as Sabse Bada Dilwala.
Devadas (Ram) is the typical poor student, while Bhanumati (Ileana) is a rich NRI girl whose father is the senator of New York. They fall in love when the girl comes to India to learn classical Carnatic music. Coming to know about their love, Bhanu’s father Katamraju (Sayaji Shinde) hatches a plan to separate them. He promises to get them married but he takes his daughter and his mother back to USA. The rest of the story is how the street-smart lover boy makes it to USA and succeeds in attaining his girl.
- Ram as Devdas
- Ileana D'Cruz as Bhanumati
- Sayaji Shinde as Katamraju
- M S Narayana
- Shriya Saran as herself (Cameo)
- Y.V.S Chowdary as himself (Cameo)
- Chakri as himself (Cameo)
- Manuel Drieschmanns as the embassy employee
- Director: Y.V.S Chowdary
- Producer: Y.V.S Chowdary
- Story: Y.V.S Chowdary
- Screenplay: M.S Prakash
- Dialogues: Chintapalli Ramana
- Action Director: Vijay
- Music: Chakri
- Lyrics: Sirivennela & Chandrabose
- Director of Photography: Bharani K. Dharan
- Editor: Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao
- Choreographers: Tara, Brinda, Rajasekhar, Rakesh, & Krishna Reddy
- Art Director: Anand Sai
Box office performance
- The film's total gross is around Rs.17 crores.
- This film ran for 175 days in 17 theatres, including a 205-day run in Odeon 70 mm, Hyderabad.
- Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut - South - Ram
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut - South - Ileana D'Cruz
- "Friday Review Hyderabad : A few hits and many flops". The Hindu. 2006-12-29. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- The Hindu : Friday Review Hyderabad : A few hits and many flops
- Telugu cinema trade report for the first half of year 2006 - idlebrain.com
- CineGoer.com - Box-Office Records And Collections - All Time Long Run List Archived 15 May 2007 at the Wayback Machine.