Devadasu (2006 film)
|Directed by||Y.V.S Chowdary|
|Produced by||Y.V.S Chowdary|
|Written by||Y.V.S Chowdary(story & screenplay) |
Chintapalli Ramana (Dialogues )
|Cinematography||Bharani K. Dharan|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
|Box office||14 crores|
Devadasu is a Tollywood romantic comedy film that released on 11 January 2006 and was directed and produced by YVS Chowdary. Debutants Ram and Ileana D'Cruz play the main leads, Sayaji Shinde plays the negative role, and Shriya Saran plays a special role. This film also won 2 Filmfare Awards South. This film was both Ram's and Ileana D'Cruz's debut film as artists. The movie was dubbed in Malayalam as Devdas and remade in Bengali as Paglu (2011). “Loveyatri” is a Hindi film based on Devadasu. Later it was dubbed in Hindi as Sabse Bada Dilwala on Action Tadka India Youtube channel.
Devdas (Ram) is a poor student, while Bhanumati (Ileana D'Cruz) is a rich NRI girl whose father Katamraju (Sayaji Shinde) is the senator of New York. They fall in love when Bhanu comes to India to learn classical Carnatic music. Coming to know about their love, Katamraju hatches a plan to separate them. He promises to get them married but takes his daughter and mother back to the USA. The rest of the story is how Devdas makes it to the USA and succeeds in attaining his girl.
- Director: Y.V.S Chowdary
- Producer: Y.V.S Chowdary
- Story: Y.V.S Chowdary
- Screenplay: M.S Prakash
- Dialogues: Chintapalli Ramana
- Action Director: Vijay
- Music: Chakri
- Lyrics: Sirivennela & Chandrabose
- Director of Photography: Bharani K. Dharan
- Editor: Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao
- Choreographers: Tara, Brinda, Rajasekhar, Rakesh, & Krishna Reddy
- Art Director: Anand Sai
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||27th November 2005|
|4.||"Adigi Adagaleka"||Chandrabose||Karthik, Sujatha Mohan||5:18|
|7.||"Oka Nestham"||Chandrabose||Karthik , Tina Kamal||4:40|
|8.||"Aye Babu"||Chandrabose||Anushka Manchanda||4:54|
|9.||"Gundelni Pindedhi"||Chandrabose||Chakri , Vishwa||4:12|
|11.||"Mayadari Chinnodu"||Viswa||Vijaya Lakshmi||5:09|
Box office performance
- The film's total gross is around Rs.17 crores.
- This film ran for 175 days in 17 theatres, including a 205-day run in Odeon 70 mm, Hyderabad.
- Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut - South - Ram
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut - South - Ileana D'Cruz
- "Friday Review Hyderabad : A few hits and many flops". The Hindu. 2006-12-29. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- The Hindu : Friday Review Hyderabad : A few hits and many flops
- Telugu cinema trade report for the first half of year 2006 - idlebrain.com
- CineGoer.com - Box-Office Records And Collections - All Time Long Run List Archived 15 May 2007 at the Wayback Machine