Development Management Institute
विकास प्रबंधन संस्थान
|Director||Prof. KV Raju|
Patna, Bihar, India|
The Development Management Institute (विकास प्रबंधन संस्थान) (DMI) is a public business school located in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2014 with the active support of the Rural Development Department, Government of Bihar.
DMI Patna offers a 2-year Post Graduate course called Programme in Development Management(PDM).
DMI was set up on 13 February 2014 pursuant to a desire and decision of the Government of Bihar to establish a High Performing Knowledge Institution patterned on the vision with which the Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) was established in 1979. Nitish Kumar, chief minister of Bihar, in a meeting attended by core committee members, directed officials concerned to complete recruitment of faculty for the institute by March 2014, so that the academic work could begin from the coming academic session July–August 2014. The first class commenced their studies in June 2014. A 15 acre campus is being built in Bihta.
DMI Patna conducts regular two-year diploma program in development management (PDM). The Management programmes of DMI Patna are accredited by AICTE. The admission for the post graduate programme is done through Common Admission Test (CAT). Many management events, competitions, and workshops are organised by various committees throughout the year. PDM curriculum primarily focuses on imparting competencies necessary for participatory governance and management of resources, enterprises, institutions and interventions. The programme design consists of mutually reinforcing classroom and experiential learning interspersed at regular intervals.
DMI has been set up in 2014 with the active support of The Rural Development Department, Government of Bihar and several prominent development support agencies (viz. JEEVIKA- Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (BRLPS) & The Bihar State Milk Co-Operative Federation Ltd. (COMFED)).
- Article, TNN. "Anup Mukherjee". times of india. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Department, Rural. "KV Raju" (PDF). Rural Development Department. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Website, ALC. "KV Raju". ALC India. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Letter of Approval" (PDF).
- Bhelari, Amit (2 January 2014). "DMI future for rural studies - Chief minister nod to management institute name". The Telegraph India. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- Law Kumar Mishra (25 November 2014). "Infrastructure development projects in progress". Times of India.
A new campus of Development Management Institute to be developed on a plot of 15 acre at Bihta
- "Partners and Networks". Development Management Institute.
|This article about a university or college in Bihar, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|