Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up deviate, deviated, deviates, or deviation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Deviation may refer to:
Mathematics and engineering
- Allowance (engineering), an engineering and machining allowance is a planned deviation between an actual dimension and a nominal or theoretical dimension, or between an intermediate-stage dimension and an intended final dimension.
- Deviation (statistics), the difference between the value of an observation and the mean of the population in mathematics and statistics
- Deviation of a local ring in mathematics
- Deviation of a poset in mathematics
- Frequency deviation, the maximum allowed "distance" in FM radio from the nominal frequency a station broadcasts at
- Magnetic deviation, the error induced in compasses by local magnetic fields
- Bid‘ah, Islamic term for innovations and deviations acts or groups from orthodox Islamic law (Sharia).
- Deviance (sociology), a behavior that is a recognized violation of social norms
- Deviation (film), a 2006 short film
- Deviation (law) is a departure from a contract or a ship's course, thus breaching the contract
- Deviationism, an expressed belief which is not in accordance with official party doctrine
- Ffestiniog Railway, The Llyn Ystradau Deviation is known as the deviation.
- A piece of artwork in DeviantArt
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deviation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.