Devin-Adair Publishing Company
|Country of origin||United States|
Henry Garrity created the publishing house in 1911 in New York City.
Originally known for publication of Irish poetry and books on popular ornithology, Devin-Adair began to focus on anti-Communist, conservative, and libertarian books for the political movement that eventuated in the election of President Ronald Reagan. The principal publishers of such books were Devin-Adair, Caxton Publishers (Idaho), Henry Regnery Company (Chicago), Western Islands (Boston), and Arlington House (Connecticut). Garrity managed to have friends across the broad spectrum of the American right from Human Events and National Review to The Freeman, American Opinion, The Review of the News, and Conservative Digest.
- J. Breckenridge Ellis: The Woodneys: An American Family (1914)
- Humphrey Joseph Desmond: Why God Loves the Irish (1918)
- Sean O'Faolain: The Man Who Invented Sin and Other Stories (1948)
- Sean O'Faolain: The Irish: A Character Study (1949)
- Sean O'Faolain: A Summer in Italy (1950)
- Daniel Corkery: The wager, and other stories, illustrated by Elizabeth Rivers (1950)
- Sean O'Faolain: The Short Story (1951)
- Sean O'Faolain: Newman's Way': The Odyssey of John Henry Newman (1952)
- Sean O'Faolain: An Autumn in Italy (1953)
- Thomas J. Kiernan: The White Hound of the Mountain, and Other Irish Folk Tales, illustrated by Elizabeth Rivers (1962)
- The Roosevelt Myth (1948)
- The Road Ahed: America's Creeping Revolution (1949)
- While You Slept: Our Tragedy in Asia and Who Made It (1951)
- Elizabeth Bentley: Out of Bondage: The Elizabeth Bentley Story (1951)
- Frank Chodorov: One is a Crowd (1952)
- The Lattimore Story (1955)
- The Decline of the American Republic, and How to Rebuild It (1955)
- Bernardo Teixeira: The Fabric of Terror: Three Days in Angola (1965)
- Julius Epstein: Operation Keelhaul: The Story of Forced Repatriation from 1944 to the Present (1973)
American Naturalist Series titles:
- John Burroughs' America: Selections from the writings of the Hudson River naturalist (1952)
- Ernest Thompson Seton's America : selections from the writings of the artist-naturalist (1954)
- Theodore Roosevelt's America. Selections from the writings of the Oyster Bay naturalist (1955)
- John and William Bartram's America : selections from the writings of the Philadelphia naturalists (1957)
- A Naturalist in Alaska by Adolph Murie (1961)
- Other Edens : the sketchbook of an artist naturalist by John Henry Dick (1979)
- "Devin Adair Garrity Is Dead at 75; President of Publishing Company". The New York Times. 9 January 1981. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- McNeil, Alex (1996). Total Television. Penguin Books. p. 53. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Bentley, Elizabeth (1951). Out of Bondage: The Elizabeth Bentley Story. New York: Devin-Adair Publishing Company. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Chodorov, Frank (1952). One is a Crowd. New York: Devin-Adair Publishing Company. ISBN 9781610163767. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Teixeira, Bernardo (1965). The Fabric of Terror: Three Days in Angola. Devin-Adair Publishing Company. ISBN 9781610163767. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Eptstein, Julius (1973). Operation Keelhaul: The Story of Forced Repatriation from 1944 to the Present. Devin-Adair Publishing Company. ISBN 9780815964070. Retrieved 19 August 2018.