Devon at a West Coast Productions Party in 2005
March 28, 1977 |
Allentown, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Other names||Devin, Devin Striker|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||94 lb (43 kg; 6.7 st)|
Devon (born March 28, 1977) is the stage name of an American pornographic actress.
Devon worked for Vivid for three years (1998-2001). Her first release for Vivid was Country Comfort. After her Vivid contract, Devon signed with Digital Playground. In 2004, Devon appeared in the first WMV-HD DVD porn movie ever made, Island Fever 3, filmed on Tahiti and Bora Bora. In 2005, she co-starred in the adult film Pirates.
By January 2006, she signed with a new company, Ecstasy Mobile. In March 2006, she signed with Black Kat Productions, which never produced any films with Devon. Devon then formed her own production company. In October 2006, she signed a contract with Shane's World to appear in films and direct film scenes for the company. She made her directorial debut for Shane's World in April 2007 with the title Devon Does Baja. She claims she is personally most proud of Virtual Sex with Devon (2001), recollecting that she spend more work filming that title than most other titles.
Devon appeared in the episode "Millennium" (Season 1, Episode 19) of The Man Show in 1999. Devon appeared, alongside fellow Digital Playground contract performers Jesse Jane and Teagan Presley, in an episode titled "I Love You Too" from the HBO series Entourage, which aired on July 31, 2005.
From 2001 to 2003 she was engaged to fellow pornographic actor Barrett Blade, who had managed her career from behind the scenes before working professionally onscreen with her. She describes their break-up as "difficult" and a contributing reason for her hiatus from the industry during the subsequent period. In 2005, she was dating Chinese-American entrepreneur, Danny Ting, a former Arthur Andersen consultant and founder of WantedList, a website that strives to be the "Netflix of the porn industry" and was named Adult Video News' Best Online Retailer for 2005. In an interview in Wired, Ting said of his relationship with Devon: "Girls who turn their nose up at us when we tell them what we do, they wouldn't be that much fun to hang out with anyway." She suffers from mild acrophobia. She believes being active in the sex industry has given her more confidence, making her more "outgoing and aggressive" about what she wants. She says she never watches her own films because she is too critical of herself, the only exception being the times when she has to do commentary for her own work. She has four cats names Bouses, Bruiser, Russian and Seven, and Devon describes herself as being "cute, honest and humorous". She has stated that the main difference between her industry persona and her real life persona as her industry persona being more outgoing and flirtatious. She describes herself as irreligious.
Awards and nominations
|2000||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Tease Performance||Extreme Close-Up 4|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Film (with Maya Divine & Devinn Lane)||Three|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Starlet of the Year||N/A|
|2002||Venus Award||Nominated||Best Actress (USA)||N/A|
|2003||NightMoves Award||Won||Best Actress (Fan Choice)||N/A|
|2010||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Jenaveve Jolie, Melissa Lauren, Shawna Leneé & Mya Nichole)||Babes Illustrated 18|
|Won||AVN Hall of Fame||N/A|
|2013||XRCO Award||Nominated||Best Cumback||N/A|
- "Exclusive Interview: Devon". Rock Confidential. Archived from the original on April 15, 2015. Retrieved May 6, 2015.
- Thomas J Stanton (October 30, 2006). "Shane's World Signs Devon". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on November 4, 2009. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- Ron Martin (June 14, 2004). "Devon Re-Ups with Digital Playground". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on November 4, 2009. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- "Island Fever 3 WMV-HD-DVD". HDTVTotal.com. January 31, 2005. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- Thomas J Stanton (January 5, 2006). "Devon, Roberts and Jaymes at Forefront of New Company". Adult Video News. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- "Devon Signs with Black Kat". Adult Video News. March 20, 2006. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- "Devon Forms Production Company". Adult Video News. April 3, 2006. Archived from the original on March 23, 2010. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- Eddie Adams (March 23, 2007). "Shane's World to Release Devon's Directorial Debut". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on July 7, 2012. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. January 13, 2010. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- Chip Baker (2005-07-29). "Digital Playground Stars Appear on HBO's Entourage". AVN. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- Roberts, Darren (2012). The Unsexpected Story: The Real Story about the Billion Dollar Adult Entertainment Business. Clearly Confused Inc. p. 74. ISBN 9780985403201.
- "TeraBabes - Devon Interview". terababes.com. Retrieved May 6, 2015.
- http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/13.11/porn.html?pg=3&topic=porn&topic_set=. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 22, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Exclusive Interview: Devon". Rock Confidential. Archived from the original on April 15, 2015. Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- "AVN 2000 Nominations". AVN.com. Archived from the original on March 2, 2000. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- "Xrco nominations". AVN. March 14, 2000. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- "6th VENUS-AWARD Nominees" (PDF). venus-berlin.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 20, 2004. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- Dirty Bob (September 16, 2003). "11th Annual Nightmoves Entertainment Awards Announced". AVN. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- "2010 NOMINEES". Archived from the original on 2010-03-04. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- "XRCO Announces 2013 Nominations". AVN. February 14, 2013. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Devon.|