Devnya Municipality within Bulgaria and Varna Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Devnya|
|• Total||100.98 km2 (38.99 sq mi)|
|• Density||91/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Devnya Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Девня) is a municipality (obshtina) in Varna Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, not far from the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Devnya.
The municipality embraces a territory of 100.98 km² with a population, as of December 2009, of 9,234 inhabitants. The area is crossed by the east operating part of Hemus motorway which is planned to connect the port of Varna with the country capital - Sofia.
Devnya Municipality includes the following 3 places (towns are shown in bold):
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
An overwhelming majority of the population of Devnya Municipality identify themselves as Christians. At the 2011 census, 77.8% of respondents identified as Orthodox Christians belonging to the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001[permanent dead link]
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Devnya Municipality info-website (in English)