Devon A. Mihesuah
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2015)
- Trophy Award for the Best Fiction Book of 2011 presented by the Oklahoma Writers' Federation for Document of Expectations
- Outstanding Book on Oklahoma History Award presented by the Oklahoma Historical Society for Choctaw Crime and Punishment, 1884-1907
- Trophy Award for the Best Non-Fiction Book of 2009 presented by the Oklahoma Writers' Federation for Choctaw Crime and Punishment, 1884-1907
- Finalist, Oklahoma Book Award for Choctaw Crime and Punishment, 1884-1907
- Special Award of the Jury of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, for Recovering Our Ancestors’ Gardens: Indigenous Recipes and Guide to Diet and Fitness; Finalist for Best in the World Cookbook.
- Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers' Best Research Book of the Year; Finalist, Gustavus Myers Center for the Study of Bigotry and Human Rights; and Arizona Writer’s Association Best Non-Fiction Book Honorable Mention for So You Want to Write About American Indians? A Guide for Scholars, Students and Writers
- Finalist Oklahoma Book Awards, Grand Canyon Rescue
- Oklahoma Writers’ Federation Trophy Award for Best Non-Fiction Book, American Indigenous Women: Decolonization, Empowerment, Activism
- Oklahoma Writers’ Federation Trophy Award for Young Adult Novel Award for Lost and Found.
- Arizona Writers’ Association Best Book of the Year, for Grand Canyon Rescue.
- Wordcrafters’ Circle of Native Writers’ Journal Editor of the Year Award for the American Indian Quarterly, 2001
- Oklahoma Writers’ Federation Trophy Award for Best Fiction Book for The Roads of My Relations
- Critics' Choice Award of the American Educational Studies Association for Natives and Academics: Researching and Writing About American Indians.
- Critics' Choice Award from the American Educational Studies Association, for Cultivating the Rosebuds.
- Document of Expectations (Michigan State University Press, 2011)
- Big Bend Luck (Booklocker, 2008)
- The Lightning Shrikes (Lyons Press, 2004)
- Grand Canyon Rescue (Booklocker, 2004)
- Roads of My Relations (University of Arizona Press, 2000)
- Choctaw Crime and Punishment, 1884-1907 (University of Oklahoma Press, 2009)
- Recovering Our Ancestors’ Gardens: Indigenous Recipes and Guide to Diet and Fitness (Nebraska, 2005)
- So You Want to Write About American Indians? A Guide for Scholars, Writers and Students (University of Nebraska Press, 2005)
- ed. with Angela Cavender Wilson, Indigenizing the Academy: Transforming Scholarship and Empowering Communities (Nebraska, 2004)
- ed. First to Fight: The Story of Henry Mihesuah (Nebraska, 2003)
- American Indigenous Women: Decolonization, Empowerment, Activism (Nebraska, 2003)
- ed. Repatriation Reader: Who Owns Indian Remains? (Nebraska, 2000)
- ed. Natives and Academics: Research and Writing About American Indians (Nebraska, 1998)
- American Indians: Stereotypes and Realities (Clarity International, 1996)
- Cultivating the Rosebuds: The Education of Women at the Cherokee Female Seminary, 1851-1909 (University of Illinois Press, 1993)