Devon and Cornwall Railways
Devon and Cornwall Railways (DCR) is a British freight operating company. DCR is a subsidiary of British American Railway Services (BARS), itself owned by Iowa Pacific Holdings (IPH). IPH purchased the Dartmoor Railway and Weardale Railway in 2008.
They are a small but rapidly growing freight company, they currently have contracts for moving the Railvac machine to and from possessions for Rail Care working for Network Rail, also have close working ties with several other freight operators and rolling stock providers.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- British Rail Class 31: 31144 (BR Engineering), 31190 (BR Green), 31452 (DCR Green), 31454 (BR InterCity), 31468 (Fragonset Black), 31601 (DCRail Grey), 31602 (Network Rail Yellow)
- British Rail Class 56: 56091 (Fertis Grey), 56103 (Fertis Grey), 56128 (Transrail Grey), 56303 (DCR Green), 56311 (DCR Grey), 56312 (DCRail Grey)
As of November 2017 DCR's entire fleet is for sale due to a downturn in the sector in which DCR operated. Of all the engines for sale, only 31452 and 56303 are actually in service, with the rest all in various states of repair in store.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Devon and Cornwall Railways.|
- "Devon and Cornwall Railways Limited". RMS Locotec.
- Iowa Pacific Holdings. "About us".
- Dartmoor Railway Company. "About Our Company".
- Joint, Laura (29 March 2010). "Okehampton to Exeter railway line back on track". BBC News.