|Developer||Veteran Unix Admins|
|Latest release||2.0.0 / June 9, 2018|
|Latest preview||2.0.0 RC / 10 May 2018|
Devuan has its own package repository which mirrors upstream Debian, with local modifications made only when needed to allow for init systems other than systemd. Modified packages include policykit and udisks. Devuan is supposed to work like the corresponding Debian release. Devuan does not provide systemd in its repositories but still retains libsystemd0 until it has removed all dependencies.
Instead of continuing the Debian practice of using Toy Story character names as release codenames, Devuan aliases its releases using planet names. The first stable release shared the Debian 8 codename Jessie. However, the Devuan release was named for minor planet 10464. The second stable release is named ASCII for minor planet 3568, while the permanent alias for the Devuan unstable branch is Ceres, named for the dwarf planet.
- Devuan ASCII 2.0 stable
- Development Release: Devuan 2.0.0 RC (DistroWatch.com News)
- Hoffman, Chris. "Meet Devuan, the Debian fork born from a bitter systemd revolt". PCWorld. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Larabel, Michael. "Devuan: Debian Without Systemd". Phoronix. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Devuan Is Still Moving Along As A Debian Fork Without Systemd - Phoronix
- Sharwood, Simon. "systemd row ends with Debian getting forked". The Register. Archived from the original on 1 December 2014. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Dyne.org (2016-11-29), Devuan GNU+Linux presented at FSCONS 2016, retrieved 2017-09-20
- Stahie, Silviu (28 November 2014). "Fork Debian Project Announces the Systemd-less OS Devuan". Softpedia. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- Wise, Paul (25 April 2015). "Debian 8 "Jessie" released". debian-announce. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 715, 5 June 2017
- Devuan 1.0 Officially Released - Letting Debian Live Without Systemd - Phoronix
- "Devuan build system overview". Archived from the original on 12 January 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- Debian FAQ Authors (1 May 2015). "What are all those names like etch, lenny, etc.?". The Debian GNU/Linux FAQ. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "Devuan GNU/Linux - Debian without systemd". 4 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Devuan.|