Dew-Scented at Metalcamp in 2007
|Genres||Thrash metal, death metal|
|Labels||Steamhammer, Nuclear Blast, Metal Blade, Prosthetic|
Joost van der Graaf
|Past members||Ralf Klein
Dew-Scented is a German thrash and death metal band. They have released eight studio albums and are currently signed to Metal Blade Records (Europe) and Prosthetic Records (USA/North America). Their name is inspired by the writings of Edgar Allan Poe. An interesting thing to note is that all of their studio albums begin with the letter "I."
Vocalist Leif Jensen entered the band in 1992, drummer Uwe Werning 1997 and guitarist Hendrik Bache in autumn 2001.
In winter 1992/1993, the north German band brought out their first demo "Symbolization", which was very well known in the underground scene and helped them to their record deal with SPV / Steamhammer.
In the spring of 1996 appeared "Immortelle", the debut album of the band. It proved to tour with Edge of Sanity, Lake Of Tears and Sadist, as fast, aggressive live band. Due to the increased band activity, there were some changes in the line-up. However, they did not allow this to bring out the concept and brought 1998 on the label Grind Syndicate Media / NBR their second album "Innoscent" on the market. In the same year they played for the first time at the Wacken Open Air.
In the summer of 1999 they released "Ill-Natured" which was a mixture of death and thrash Metal. Two years later album Inwards followed, on which they worked with Andy Classen. Promoting the album they played on various festivals and along many German thrash metal legends such as Kreator, Sodom and Destruction. For the first time they toured in the United States of America.
The release of the 2003 album "Impact" and the double album "Ill-Natured & Innoscent", released under the German label Nuclear Blast, established the band as an accomplished thrash metal act and a lot of people draw comparisons between them and Slayer.
"Issue VI", the sixth album, was released in June 2005. Limited Edition includes the video for 'Turn To Ash' and 17 live songs, recorded between 2002 and 2005. On 30 March 2007 the new album "Incinerate" was released in Europe and on April 3rd in North America.
Dew Scented will release their new album, Intermination on June 30, 2015 via Prosthetic Records.
- Leif Jensen - vocals (1992-present)
- Marvin Vriesde - guitar (2005, 2012-present)
- Rory Hansen - guitar (2012-present)
- Joost van der Graaf - bass (2012-present)
- Koen Herfst - drums (2012-present)
- Ralf Klein - guitar (1996-1998)
- Hendrik Bache - guitar (2001-2008)
- Florian Müller - guitar (1998-2008)
- Jörg Szittnick - guitar (1992-1996)
- Patrick Heims - bass (1996-2003)
- Tarek Stinshoff - drums (1992-1996)
- Uwe Werning - drums (1997-2007)
- Alexander Pahl - bass (2003-2011)
- Martin Walczak - guitar (2008-2010)
- Michael Borchers - guitar (2008-2012)
- Marc-Andree Dieken - drums (2008-2012)
- Immortelle (1996)
- Innoscent (1998)
- Ill-Natured (1999)
- Inwards (2002)
- Impact (2003)
- Issue VI (2005)
- Incinerate (2007)
- Invocation (2010)
- Icarus (2012)
- Intermination (2015)
- Symbolization (1994, demo)
- Insurgent (2013, compilation)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dew-Scented.|
- Official website
- Dew-Scented at Facebook
- show photos 2007 paris
- show photos February 2008 Paris
- Dew-Scented at Encyclopaedia Metallum