Dewey Martin (actor)
Dewey Martin c. 1950s
December 8, 1923 |
Katemcy, Texas, United States
|Occupation||Film and television actor|
(married 1956–1958; divorced)
|Relatives||Ross Bass (first cousin)|
Dewey Martin (born December 8, 1923) is a retired American film and television actor.
World War II
His film debut was an uncredited part in Knock on Any Door (1949). He also appeared in The Thing from Another World (1951), co-starred with Kirk Douglas in The Big Sky (1952), played the younger brother of Humphrey Bogart's character in The Desperate Hours played a lead role in "Land of the Pharaohs" (1955), and was featured opposite Dean Martin in his first post-Martin and Lewis film – the notorious flop Ten Thousand Bedrooms (1957) – but did not become a full-fledged star.
Martin worked extensively in television as well, including The Twilight Zone episode "I Shot an Arrow Into the Air" (1960) and The Outer Limits episode "The Premonition" (1965), co-written by Ib Melchior. Starting in 1960, he played Daniel Boone on four episodes of Walt Disney Presents.
- Knock on Any Door (1949) - Butch (uncredited)
- Battleground (1949) - G.I. Straggler (uncredited)
- The Golden Gloves Story (1950) - Nick Martel
- Kansas Raiders (1950) - James Younger
- The Thing from Another World (1951) - Crew Chief Bob
- Flame of Araby (1951) - Yak
- The Big Sky (1952) - Boone Caudill
- Tennessee Champ (1954) - Daniel Norson
- Prisoner of War (1954) - Jesse Treadman
- Men of the Fighting Lady (1954) - Ensign Kenneth Schechter
- Land of the Pharaohs (1955) - Senta, Vashtar's Son
- The Desperate Hours (1955) - Hal Griffin
- Meet Me in Las Vegas (1956) - Dewey Martin (uncredited)
- The Proud and Profane (1956) - Eddie Wodcik
- Ten Thousand Bedrooms (1957) - Mike Clark Jr.
- The Longest Day (1962) - Private Wilder
- Savage Sam (1963) - Lester White
- Flight to Fury (1964) - Joe Gaines
- Assault on the Wayne (1971) - Skip Langley
Partial television work
- The Twilight Zone episode "I Shot an Arrow Into the Air" (1960) - Corey
- Walt Disney Presents - "Daniel Boone" mini-series (1960-1961) - Daniel Boone
- The Outer Limits episode "The Premonition" (1965) - Jim Darcy
- Moser, J.D.; Stevens, T.; Publishing, Q.; Pay, W.; Thompson, P. (2004). Television & Video Almanac. 49. Quigley Publishing Company. ISSN 0895-2213. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- Staff (May 22, 1952). "Dewey Martin, Florence's Own Movie Star, Visits". The Florence Times. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- Is That All There Is?: The Strange Life of Peggy Lee. Atria Books. 2014-11-11. pp. 188–90. ISBN 1451641680.
- Staff (June 14, 1959). "Peggy Lee, Dewey Martin, Divorce". Associated Press (via The Florence Times). Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- "Dewey Martin". Corsicana Daily Sun. January 12, 1955. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dewey Martin.|
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|