Dewolf Point State Park
|Dewolf Point State Park|
Location of Dewolf Point State Park within New York State
|Location||45920 Country Route 191
Fineview, New York
|Nearest city||Alexandria Bay, New York|
|Area||13 acres (0.053 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||15,893 (in 2014)|
|Open||Late April to mid-September|
|Website||Dewolf Point State Park|
Dewolf Point State Park is a 13-acre (0.053 km2) state park on Wellesley Island in the St. Lawrence River. The park is situated within the Town of Orleans in Jefferson County, New York. The park was established in 1898 as part of the St. Lawrence Reservation.
Facilities offered by the park include a gazebo, a boat launch and docks, cabins, fishing, picnic tables, and a campground with tent and trailer sites. The park has views overlooking Lake of the Isles.
The park is easily accessible to visitors, being close to Interstate 81, which links northwards to Highway 401 in Ontario, Canada. The park is the first recreational area which visitors from Canada come to, when crossing into the United States over the Thousand Islands Bridge.
The park is open from late April to mid-September.
- "Dewolf Point State Park - Getting There". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 671. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "The St. Lawrence River Park". Fourth Annual Report of the Commissioners of Fisheries, Game and Forests of the State of New York. Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co., Printers. January 20, 1899. p. 124.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved December 20, 2015.
- "Dewolf Point State Park Hours of Operation". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved December 20, 2015.
|This article about a location in Jefferson County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|