|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Joe Walsh (CEO)|
Dex Media, Inc. is a print and digital marketing company that was created by the 2013 merger of SuperMedia and Dex One. The merger, announced on August 21, 2012, was completed on April 30, 2013. Dex Media previously traded on NASDAQ under the symbol DXM.
Dex Media began as a phone book publisher. In 2014 the company published over 1,700 directories, both yellow and white pages. By 2016 it worked with yellow pages, print and online, and search tools for businesses.
On May 16, 2016 Dex Media filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, its third bankruptcy in less than ten years. The company had been hurt by the transition from print publishing to the Internet. The company announced it had emerged from bankruptcy on August 1, 2016 as a private company.
With the increasing transition to digital, mobile and online search, Dex Media provides local businesses a host of marketing solutions to drive customers to client sites. It has fostered partnerships with many of the key players in the marketing industry, combining advertising with local knowledge to provide a suite of technology, products, and tools. This extensive partnership network currently includes being a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner, an MSN Elite Bing Ads Partner, and various others including Facebook, yp, yext, local.com and more.
Dex Media is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with regional offices in Bristol, TN, Buffalo, NY, Greenwood Village, CO, Overland Park, KS, Santa Monica, CA, St. Petersburg, FL, and Waltham, MA., and has over 3,000 employees.
- "Marketer Dex Media files for bankruptcy". USA TODAY. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Dex One and SuperMedia File Pre-Packaged Plans of Reorganization as Part of Merger Process". Business Wire. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Dex One and SuperMedia Complete Merger, Move Forward Together as Dex Media". Reuters. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- Jarzemsky, Matt (19 April 2016). "Phone Book Publisher Dex Media Preparing to File for Bankruptcy". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- WM Data service
- "Dex Media Chapter 11 Petition" (PDF). PacerMonitor. PacerMonitor. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Dex Media Completes Financial Restructuring, Emerges from Chapter 11". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "About Us - Dex Media". Dex Media. Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Solutions - Dex Media". Dex Media. Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Partners - Dex Media". Dex Media. Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Dex Media Office Locations". Retrieved 10 August 2015.
|This article about a media company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|