The Dexter Lake Club
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
Dexter is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States. It is located near Dexter Lake (aka Dexter Reservoir), a reservoir of the Middle Fork Willamette River along Oregon Route 58.
A post office was established in the locality in 1872 and named "Butte Disappointment", after a local landmark named in 1848. The post office was renamed "Dexter" in 1875, apparently after the "Dexter" brand cook stove owned by the postmaster's family.
Access to Dexter Lake, a popular fishing and boating site, is available at Dexter State Recreation Site. The nearby Dexter Lake Club was used in the filming of the road trip scene in the movie Animal House.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; Lewis L. McArthur (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 286. ISBN 0-87595-277-1.
- Dexter Lake Club
- "Oregon National Register List" (PDF). Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. January 5, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-14.
- "United States Topographic Map". United States Geological Survey. Retrieved April 1, 2016 – via Acme Mapper.
- "Lost Creek (Parvin) Covered Bridge" (PDF). Oregon Department of Transportation. December 19, 2002. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OR_DEXTER_LIBRARY_OROL-?SITE=ORSAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT[dead link]
- Media related to Dexter, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons
- Parvin Bridge from Lane County, Oregon website
- Parvin Bridge from nationalbridges.com
|This Lane County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|