|No. 23 New York Jets
|Date of birth:
April 8, 1991 |
|Place of birth:
||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
||195 lb (88 kg)
||Falmouth (VA) Stafford
||2014 / Round: 3 / Pick: 80
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015
|Player stats at NFL.com
Dexter McDougle (born April 8, 1991) is an American football cornerback for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Jets in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Maryland.
McDougle played for Stafford Senior High School, where he was a teammate of Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith, as well as at the University of Maryland. He played safety, cornerback, wide receiver and running back. He recorded 97 tackles and six interceptions as a senior in 2008 after missing most of his junior year with an injury. He also caught 48 passes for 885 yards and 11 TDs and rushed for 457 yards and nine scores on 76 carries.
Considered a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated the 76th best "athlete" prospect of his class.
At Maryland, he was named an Academic All-ACC in his sophomore and senior seasons. McDougle missed the most of his senior year at Maryland due to a fractured shoulder.
2014 NFL Draft
On May 10, 2014, McDougle was drafted by the New York Jets in the third round (80th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
|5 ft 10 in
||10 ft 2 in
|All values from Pro Day 
New York Jets
On August 10, 2014, McDougle tore his ACL at Jets practice and was subsequently placed on the Injured Reserve.
McDougle was waived on September 4, 2016. After clearing waivers, he was signed to the team's practice squad.
- ^ Dexter McDougle - Yahoo Sports
- ^ Dexter McDougle’s season, college career ends with shoulder surgery
- ^ Wilson, Aaron. "Maryland cornerback Dexter McDougle drafted by Jets in third round". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- ^ http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=91108&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB
- ^ Jets lose Dee Milliner, Dexter McDougle to injuries at practice
- ^ Lange, Randy (September 4, 2016). "4 Arrive via Waivers; RB Robinson Waived/Injured". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 6, 2016. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- ^ Allen, Eric (September 6, 2016). "Two DBs, Two RBs Signed to Practice Squad". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 6, 2016. Retrieved September 6, 2016.