The Dhahar countryside.
|Administrative divisions of Somaliland||Sanaag|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Dhahar is the center of the Badhan District.Dhahar was briefly a part of the Maakhir administration in the late 2000s which mainly covered Badhan District area's, until it was officially incorporated into the Puntland authority in 2009.
The settlement has a number of academic institutions. According to the Puntland Ministry of Education, there are 5 primary schools in the Dhahar District. Among these are Mubarak Primary, Al-Raxma, Buraan and Al-Khayr. Secondary schools in the area include Mubarak Secondary.
- "Somaliland". The World Factbook. Langley, Virginia: Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Somaliland Takes over the Control of Badhan in Eastern Sanaag". 28 June 2013.
- "somaliland - Primary schools". Ministry of Education of somaliland. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Puntland - Secondary schools". Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- Dhahar: Somalia, geographic.org
|This Somalia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|