Dhaka City College
Arcade infront of college entrance gates
|Dhaka Night College|
|Motto||Build The Nation|
|National University (Bangladesh)|
|Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dhaka|
|Chairman||Prof. Dr. Syed Modasser Ali|
|Principal||Prof. Md. Shahjahan Khan|
|Vice Principal||Prof. Md. Anwar Hossain|
|Colours||Black, Gray and Cardinal Red|
Dhaka City College is one of the oldest colleges in Bangladesh. It is located at Dhanmondi, Qudrat-i-Khuda road, in Dhaka city. It offers graduation and post graduation courses with majors alongside high-school level HSC. The college is affiliated with the National University of Bangladesh.
Prof. Md. Shahjahan Khan is playing the role of the college principal since the late 2000s[update]. He joined this institution as a lecturer of Accounting. As of the third quarter of 2017,[update] the chief of college governing body is Prof. Dr. Syed Modasser Ali, an alumni of the college.
The college was established in 1957, during Pakistani ruling period, with patronages of educationists and social workers. Classes were held at West End High School and thereafter at Dhaka College. In 1970, all activities were shifted to road #2 of Dhanmondi residential area in its own premise. Up until then, it used to go by its previous name Dhaka Night College.
Among those who contributed to the establishment of this institution, the names of Khan Bahadur Abdur Rahman and Ataur Rahman Khan comes infront, both of them are former prime ministers of Bangladesh. Khaney Alom Khan, former chairman of the college's governing body, arranged financial assistance for the development of the academic buildings while he was the divisional commissioner of Dhaka Division.
Under National University
- BBA – Professional
- Finance and Banking
- Biology lab
- Chemistry lab
- Computer lab
- Mathematics lab
- Physics lab
- Agun, singer-songwriter and Bachsas Awards winning actor.
- Bassbaba Sumon, vocalist, bassist and founding member of Bangladeshi rock band Aurthohin.
- Mahiya Mahi, actress in Bangladeshi film industry.
- Maria Nur Rowshon, television presenter, radio personality and winner of Babisas Award for modeling.
- Nishat Majumdar, first Bangladeshi female mountaineer to scale Mount Everest.
- Prito Reza, established photographer, motivational speaker and celebrity radio personality.
- Sayeed Khokon, politician and mayor of Dhaka city.
- Shahriar Alam, state deputy-minister of foreign affairs, government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- Syed Modasser Ali, renowned ophthalmic surgeon and executive board member of World Health Organisation (WHO).
- DU Correspondent (July 25, 2009). "Nine out of top 10 colleges from city | A list with highest GPA holders". The Daily Star. Bangladesh. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- "Dhaka City College | Message of the Chairman". Dhaka City College Official Website. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- Star Online Report (December 28, 2018). "PM Hasina to cast vote at Dhaka City College". The Daily Star. Bangladesh. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
|This article about a Bangladesh tertiary education institute is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|