Dhaka Commerce College
ঢাকা কমার্স কলেজ
|Motto||Assiduous, Diligent, Devoted, Creative|
|Founder||Kazi Md. Nurul Islam Faruky|
|Chairman||Shafiq Ahmed Siddique|
|Principal||Md. Abu Sayed|
|Campus||Urban, 05 ha|
|Language||Bengali and English Medium|
|Colors||Aero and Navy Blue|
|Sports||Football, cricket, volleyball, table tennis, badminton|
Dhaka Commerce College (Bengali: ঢাকা কমার্স কলেজ) is a master's level college in Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Established in 1989, it was the first college in Dhaka city to specialise in commerce. Students receive education both in Bangla and English medium. The main founder of this college is professor Kazi Nurul Islam Faruky.
The chairman of the college is professor Shafiq Ahmed Siddique.
When Dhaka Commerce College began, in 1989, it offered Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) classes and pass level Bachelor of Commerce courses. Honours and masters courses under National University were added starting with the 1994–95 academic year. A four-year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) professional course was added in the 1997–98 session.
The college educates from HSC level to post graduate level. There are ten departments in the college. Course offering include the Higher Secondary course and a broad range of postgraduate courses in accounting, economics, English, finance, management, and statistics.
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Bengali
- Department of Commercial Geography
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of Finance
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Secretarial and Office Management
- Department of Statistics and Computer
After its founding, it soon became known for its strict rules and regulations. The students call it Dhaka Central Cell. From its beginning it has been maintaining high quality standards. It got the medal of best college in two times 1996 and 2002.
Since it began, Dhaka Commerce College was placed in the top 10 colleges in the country in terms of HSC results. The National University (NU) listed Dhaka Commerce College in top five colleges as the best among 685 in the country for their outstanding performances. Dhaka Commerce College's results in the Dhaka Board for Higher Secondary Certificate level examinations are:
|Year||Number of examinees||Number of pass||Got GPA-5||Position in Dhaka Board||Ref.|
- দেশের একমাত্র ব্যবসায় শিক্ষা বিশেষায়িত প্রতিষ্ঠান ঢাকা কমার্স কলেজ [The only specialized educational institutions of the country, Dhaka Commerce College of Business]. Desher Khobor (in Bengali). 13 November 2014.
- "Governing Body". Dhaka Commerce College.
- "Welcome to Dhaka Commerce College (DCC)". Dhaka Commerce College.
- "Best College Award, 1996". dcc.edu.bd. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Best College Award, 2002". dcc.edu.bd. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- "NU ranks top 5 colleges in the country". The Daily Star. 14 May 2016. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- জিপিএ- ৫ ও পাসের ভিত্তিতে সেরা ১০ কলেজ [GPA 5 and passes the top 10 college]. Bdnews24.com (in Bengali). 25 July 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "Top 10 colleges in Dhaka Board: Dhaka Commerce College tops the list". Bdnews24.com. 25 September 2005. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
|This article about a Bangladesh tertiary education institute is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|