Dhaka Polytechnic Institute
|ঢাকা পলিটেকনিক ইন্সটিটিউট|
|East Pakisthan Polytechnic Institute|
|Motto||"Progress and Service"|
|Principal||Ganesh Chandra Majumder|
|Location||Tejgaon, Dhaka, 1208, Bangladesh
|Campus||Urban, 27.00 acres (0.11km2)|
East Pakistan Polytechnic Institute, Dacca was established in May 1955 by Oklahoma State University-Stillwater with funding from the Ford Foundation. By the mid-1960s it had become Dacca Polytechnic Institute.
The institute operates under the executive control of the Ministry of Education(MOE) acting through the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). The academic programmes, curriculams are maintained under the regulation of the Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB). BTEB function under Directorate of Inspection and Audit (DIA), which in turn function under Chief Accounts Office (CAO), and it function under MOE.
Dhaka Polytechnic Institute has the following departments:
- Mechanical Technology
Refrigeration and Air conditioning
- NonTech Department
The academic year consists of eight semesters. Academic courses are based on a credit system. The grading system:
|Grading system in DPI||Class interval||Letter grade||Grade point|
The institute has a Medical Center with a full time Medical Office and other supporting staff. The Center provides free treatment.
Dhaka Polytechnic Institute has following hostels:
- Latif Hostel The Biggest Hostel of South Asia
- Dr. Kazi Motahar Hossain Hostel
- Zahir Raihan Hostel
- Maniruzzaman Hostel (Currently reserved for few teachers )
- Kazi Nazrul Islam Hostel (Currently leased to Ceramic Institute)
- Aziz Hostel Currently leased to Bangladesh University of Textiles
- Ladies Hostel
- Dhaka Polytechnic Staff Quarter
- Dhaka Polytechnic Teacher's Quarter
- Dhaka Polytechnic Laboretory School
Dhaka Polytechnic Institute Central Mosque
Dhaka Polytechnic Institute has a central mosque just beside the main building.
- DPI Rover Group
- DPI Scout Group
- DPI Sports Association
- DPI Drama Society
- DPI Photography Society
- House of Volunteers : DPI
- DPI Blood Donation
- DPI Debating Club
(DUET), Gazipur. (Formerly known as BIT).
- "Messages from Principal". Dhaka Polytechnic Institute. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Departments". Dhaka Polytechnic Institute. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Institute of Research on Overseas Programs (1958). The International Programs of American Universities: An Inventory and Analysis. Michigan State University. pp. 235–.
- Gill, Jerry Leon (1978). The Great Adventure: Oklahoma State University and International Education. Oklahoma State University Press. p. 61. ISBN 978-0-914956-14-3.
- Directorate Of Technical Education (DTE).
- BTEB (Bangladesh Technical Education Board).
- "Dhaka Polytechnic Institute, Dhaka". 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2015-07-26.
|This article about a Bangladesh tertiary education institute is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|