Dhaka School of Economics
|Address||4/C, Eskaton Garden Road, Dhaka-1000, DScE Contact|
Dhaka School of Economics (DScE) (Bengali: ঢাকা স্কুল অব ইকোনমিক্স) is an undergraduate and post graduate institution of the University of Dhaka. DScE founded in 2010, following the model of London School of Economics  to promote higher studies and research in economics and related subjects. Its goal is to accommodate to the fast-growing demand for well-trained economists and professionals in related subjects, to contribute to teaching, research and evaluation, policymaking and implementation of nation-building programs. DscE has developed a Socio-Economic Data Bank to accomplish this goal.
DScE resulted from the efforts of Bangladeshi economists to establish a Center of Excellence for higher studies in economics and related subjects, following the model of London School of Economics. Bangladesh Economic Association (BEA), led by its then President Qazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmad, took decisive steps that led to the founding of Dhaka School of Economics (DScE). Its establishment was announced by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on 8 April 2010 at the biennial conference of BEA. DScE is devoted to postgraduate studies:Bachelor, masters, post-graduate diploma, and eventually MPhil and PhD. For their future permanent campus, DScE also own 180 katha (39,000 sq. meter) land in Purbachal New Town near Dhaka.
The Director of DScE runs the institution under the guidance of the Governing Council. An Academic Council helps design academic policies and programs, while several other committees provide financial management and administrative support. As a Constituent Institution of the University of Dhaka, DScE is run within the broad framework of rules and regulations of the university and the degrees and diplomas earned by students at DScE are University of Dhaka degrees and diplomas. The Governing Council is chaired by renowned Bangladeshi economist Qazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmad and following members are also included:
- Atiur Rahman, former governor, Bangladesh Bank.
- Abul Barkat, president, Bangladesh Economic Association
- Toufic Ahmad Choudhury, general secretary of Bangladesh Economic Association
- Md. Tafazzul Islam, former chief justice of Bangladesh
- Syed Manzur Elahi, chairman, Apex Group
- Mohammed Farasuddin, chairman, East West University
- Hafiz G.A. Siddiqi, former VC, North South University
- Saidur Rahman Lasker, former UN members
DScE offers the following graduate programs:
- Masters in Environmental Economics
- Masters in Development Economics
- Master of Economics (Entrepreneurship Economics)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Economics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Enterprise Development 
- Higher degrees on research will be introduced in phases.
- Bachelor of Economics in Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Bachelor of Economics in Development Economics.
Research and other programs
DScE's current programs also include monthly seminar program on issues of development of national and international significance; a research program on important issues of academic and policy interest.
- "Dhaka School of Economic sets off". bdnews24.com. 22 February 2012.
- , Dhaka School of Economics sets off following the London and Delhi Archived 2015-02-05 at the Wayback Machine, news published by Daily Kalerkontho(Bangla Newspaper)
- , Dhaka School of Economicsi: start with two course, news published by Daily Prothom-alo (Bangla Newspaper)
- Information about Dhaka School of Economics: specialized education institute news published by Daily Janakantha(Bangla Newspaper)
- , About Dhaka School of Economicsi, news published by online dhaka
- , BEA Official Site
- 18th Biennial Conference of Bangladesh Economic Association, Speech by Hon'ble Prime Minister
- School of Economics starts journey, news published on Daily Sun
- , Dhaka School of Economics sets out Archived 2013-11-04 at Archive.today, news published by Banglanews24.com
- RAJUK allotment of land on, Purbachal New Town (University Category) to DScE
- "University of Dhaka -- the highest echelon of academic excellence". du.ac.bd. Archived from the original on 2015-08-30.
- ,Dhaka School of Economics: open master course Archived 2013-11-04 at Archive.today, news published by Daily Prothom-alo (Bangla Newspaper)
- , , New environment economics course started on Dhaka School of Economicsi, news published by Daily Kalerkontho(Bangla Newspaper)
- Postgraduate diploma on enterprise development in DScE, News Published by Daily Newspaper The Independent on 28 Oct, 2017
- Postgraduate diploma on enterprise development in DScE, News Published by Daily Star on 26 Oct, 2017
- , Daily Star news on DScE seminar ”National Education Policy 2010"
- , Financial Express news of DScE Seminar on ” Bangladesh-India relations“
- "Govt to implement crop zoning plan soon". New Age. BSS. 25 March 2012. Archived from the original on 4 November 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013.