Dhaka South City Corporation
ঢাকা দক্ষিণ সিটি কর্পোরেশন
Nagar Bhaban, seat of the Corporation
|Predecessor||Dhaka City Corporation|
|Formation||1 December 2011|
|Website||Dhaka South City Corporation|
Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) is one of the two municipal corporations in Dhaka created when the former Dhaka City Corporation was divided into two. The Corporation was created by the Local Government (City Corporation) Amendment Bill 2011 on 29 November 2011, passed in the Parliament of Bangladesh, following the President's approval,.
The Local Govt. (City Corporation) Amendment Act (2011), Dhaka City Corporation has divided and re-created as Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) and Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) on 04.12.2011 as well as the Government has appointed Mr. Md. Khalilur Rahman (additional Secretary) as the Administrator of DSCC.
According to the existing law, the executive power of the Corporation vests in and exercised by the Mayor/Administrator. The Corporation constitutes Several Standing Committees and other Committees to monitor and guide the diversified activities of the organization. The Mayor/administrator is assisted by the Chief Executive Officer, who in turn, is assisted by the Secretary, the Heads of Departments and Zonal Executive Officers.
Dhaka South City Corporation consists of 75 wards covering the thanas of Paltan, Motijheel, Jatrabari, Kotwali, Sutrapur, Bangsal, Wari, Ramna, Gendaria, Chowkbazar, Lalbagh, Hazaribagh, Dhanmondi, Kalabagan, Shahbagh, New Market, Khilgaon, Sabujbagh, Demra, Shyampur, Kamrangirchar & some others.
- Al-Mahmood, Syed Zain. "Splitting Dhaka: A zero-sum game". Dhaka Courier. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "JS passes Local Government (City Corporation)(Amendment) Bill, 2011". Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "President assents DCC split bill". BSS. 1 December 2011. Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- "DCC split into two". bdnews24.com. Archived from the original on 30 November 2011. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "HC to hear plea against DCC appointments Thursday". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 14 March 2015.