This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dhangadhi Sub Metropolitan City|
City at glance
|• Mayor||Nirpa Bahadur Odd|
|• Deputy Mayor||Sushila Mishra Bhatta|
|• Total||261.75 km2 (101.06 sq mi)|
|Elevation||109 m (358 ft)|
|Population (2011 Census)|
|• Density||560/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||NST (UTC+5:45)|
Dhangadhi (Nepali: धनगढी) is a sub-metropolitain city and the District Headquarter of Kailali District in Province No. 7 of Nepal. It shares a border with Uttar Pradesh, India in the south, Godawari and Gauriganga Municipality in the North, Kailari Rural Municipality in the east and Kanchanpur District in the west. Dhangadhi is a sub-metropolis divided into 19 wards. It has a population of about 147,181 and thus is the 10th biggest city of Nepal. It has an area of 261.75 km2. It is one of the major cities of far-western region of Nepal along with Bhimdatta.
Dhangadhi was established in 1976. It became the first sub-metropolitan city in the far-west after it was upgraded to a sub-metropolis from municipality status on 18 September 2015 as the village development committees Fulbari and Urma were merged into Dhangadhi.
Dhangadhi is the main business centre of the 7 number province and is the major provider of education, health and employment opportunities in the region. CP Hospital Private Limited, Seti Zonal Hospital, Navjeevan Hospital and other small scale hospitals provide health care. Similarly, Kailali Multiple Campus, Sudur Paschimanchal Campus, Bhageswor Academy for Health Science, Aishwarya Multiple Campus, Dhangadhi Engineering College, Western International Business School, Nepal Western Academy and other colleges provide advanced education.
Dhangadhi is well connected with other major cities of Nepal and the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Indian and Nepali nationals may cross the international border without restrictions, however there is a customs checkpoint for goods and third country nationals. Local transport includes Cycle Rickshaws, Taxis and Public City Buses.
Dhangadhi Airport is located 10 km from the administrative center and about 660 kilometers west of Kathmandu. The runway has been extended to 1,524 metres (5,000 ft) length and blacktopped to accommodate Fokker 100 aircraft.
The highest temperature ever recorded in Dhangadhi was 46.4 °C (115.5 °F) on the 5th June 1995, while the lowest temperature ever recorded was 0.0 °C (32.0 °F) on the 11th January 1985 .
|Average high °C (°F)||20.8
|Daily mean °C (°F)||14.0
|Average low °C (°F)||7.1
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||30.6
|Source: Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (Nepal)|
Colleges in Dhangadhi
- Kailali Multiple Campus (Campus Road)
- Sudur Paschimanchal Campus (Sontoshi tole)
- Aishwarya Multiple Campus was established in 2063 B.S. & has been conditioning the bachelor level programs with affiliation to Tribhuwan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal. The programs currently offered are: B.Sc (Bachelor of Science), BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies).
- Dhangadhi Engineering College was established in 2000 A.D. & has been conducting the bachelor level programs with affiliation to Pokhara University, Nepal. The programs currently offered are: Bachelor of Computer Engineering (B.E Computer), Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A), Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (B.E Civil).
- Nepal Western Academy is another renowned college located in Santoshi Tole. It is affiliated to Pokhara University. Currently it has been running BBA BI and BHM programs.
- National Academy of science and technology (Uttar Behendi)
- Western International Business School (LN chowk).Currenty it has been running BBA and MBA.It is affiliated to Delta International Unibversity of New Orleans USA ;
- Broad Vision International Academy, Chatakpur, Dhangadhi.
- Kailali Model Higher Secondary School, Uttarbehadi, Dhangadhi
- Panchodaya Higher Secondary School.
- Aishwarya Vidya Niketan - AVN
- Green Land Public School - Dhn
- Aristo English Boarding High School (Campus Road)
- STEPPING STONE ENGLISH SCHOOL
- Jyoti English Boarding High School
- Malika Higher Secondary English School
- Unique Modern Academy, santoshitole-2.
- Kailali vidya niketan (Campus Road )
- Shree Basu devi Higher Secondary school (dhangadhi,06, jali)
- Far-west Secondary school (jai)
- Galaxy Higher Secondary School (Hasanpur)
- Emerald Academy (Dhangadhi-3, Bishalnagar)
- Manilek International School, Dhangadhi-3, Chatakpur
- Doon Academy, Bhanshar Road, Dhangadhi-3, Kailali
- Glee Academy School(Hasanpur)
- Himal Academy Dhangadhi, Chauraha-2, Dhangadhi
- Siddhartha Shishu Sadan Higher Secondary School, L.N. Chwok
- Shree Navadurga Secondary School, Dhangadhi-2, Bhansar
- Jaycees Everest English School,Dhangadhi-2
- SHREE HILL WORLD ENGLISH BOARDING HIGH SCHOOL(BUDDHA MANDIR)
- "The Kathmandu Post :: Govt declares 26 new municipalities". Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "Dhangadhi Sub-Metropolitan City". Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Brief Introduction". Dhangadhi Sub-Metropolitan City. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "26 new Municipalities announced". The Rising Nepal. 18 September 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- Dhangadhi Airport
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-02-27.. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "NORMALS FROM 1981-2010" (PDF). Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (Nepal). Retrieved 20 October 2012.