Parts of this article (those related to Please see the Talk page) need to be updated.December 2016)(
Dr. Dharamvir Gandhi
|Member of Parliament|
2014 – present
|Preceded by||Preneet Kaur|
|Born||1 June 1951|
|Political party||Punjab Front|
During his college days, Gandhi was detained for a month in Amritsar, for protesting against the 1977 Emergency. He went on to become a reputed cardiologist of Patiala. He also worked as a senior lecturer at the Government Medical College, Patiala's Department of Cardiology.
Gandhi joined politics inspired by the 2011 Indian anti-corruption movement, and campaigned for the AAP during the Delhi Legislative Assembly election, 2013. He contested the Indian general election, 2014 from Patiala on an AAP ticket. During the campaign, he was assaulted in the Rasulpur Saidan area, allegedly by the Shiromani Akali Dal Municipal Councillor Rajinder Singh Virk. Gandhi defeated the incumbent MP Preneet Kaur by a margin of 20,942 votes.
- Monika Malik (28 February 2014). "Dharamveer Gandhi is AAP's Patiala candidate". The Pioneer.
- "Our Team: Department of Cardiology". Patiala Heart Institute. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Dr Dharamveer Gandhi (62)". Chandigarh: Hindustan Times. 16 January 2014. p. 2.
- "Suspected Activists Attack Patiala's AAP Candidate Dharamvir Gandhi". NDTV. 30 April 2014.
- "Constituencywise-All Candidates". Retrieved 17 May 2014.
|This article about an Aam Aadmi Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|