20 September 1960|
Komminenivaripalem, Andhra Pradesh, India
7 December 2013 (aged 53)|
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
(now in Telangana, India)
Dharmavarapu Subramanyam (20 September 1960 – 7 December 2013) was an Indian comic actor and film director in Telugu language films. acting in over 870 movies. He also hosted several popular television shows.
Subramanyam had originally worked as a government employee. He became popular through his comedy serial "Anando Brahma" which he both acted in and directed. It was aired on Doordarshan in the 1980s.
Later, he went on to act in over 800 films, including Shadow, Bodyguard, Chirutha, Businessman, Khaleja, Darling, King, Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana, Athadu and Okkadu. He also directed a Telugu film, Thokaleni Pitta, starring Naresh in the lead.
He hosted a political satire program and 'Ding Dong' on Sakshi TV from 2011.
He was also the chairman of the Andhra Pradesh Cultural Association.
Subramanyam died on 7 December 2013. He had been suffering from a liver disorder and cancer.
As an actor
- Thoka Leni pitta
- "ABN- Andhrajyothi - Interview with RK at 11:18 minutes - Dharmavarupu subrahmanyam himself said he is 52 years in 2012". youtube.com. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Dharmavarapu Subramaniam". Chakpak. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Telugu actor Dharmavarapu Subramanyam dies of bone cancer at 53". Deccan Chronicle. 8 December 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- Seshagiri, Sangeetha (22 December 2013). "Celebrity Deaths 2013: Remembering Srihari, AVS, Dharmavarapu Subramanyam and Other Telugu Film Personalities". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- "Telugu movie actor Dharmavarapu Subramanyam died". The Times of India. 15 January 2017. Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|