|Education||Economics, University of Cambridge|
David was born and brought up in London. David was educated at the James Allen's Girls' School in Dulwich, South London, and read Economics at Downing College, Cambridge. She has also worked for independent think tank Oxford Economic Forecasting, for the UK's Government Economic Service, and for HSBC Investment Bank as its UK Economist in London.
David joined the BBC in 2000 as an economics correspondent. She worked on national BBC1 bulletins, BBC News 24, and on its international counterpart BBC World. She also presented for the BBC's current affairs series Panorama, BBC One news and BBC Radio. She was appointed the BBC's New York Business Presenter in July 2006 and presented World Business Report from New York. and covered the emergence of the credit crunch from Wall Street.
In September 2009, she joined Sky News as a business and economics correspondent. She latterly presented business news bulletins & programmes for Sky, including the flagship business programmes "Jeff Randall Live" and "Business Live", and also presented "Sky News Tonight" with Adam Boulton and other general news programmes
- Dharshini David becomes New York-based World Business Report Presenter BBC Press Office, 31 July 2006
- Biography - Dharshini David Sky News Press Office
- Bank weighs two-speed economy BBC News, 4 July 2001
- Tesco recruits top BBC business presenter guardian.co.uk, 29 February 2008
- Mortgage woes 'exceed forecasts' BBC News, 20 September 2007
- "Dharshini David Joins Sky News’ Business Team". Sky News Press Office. 16 September 2009. Retrieved 17 October 2012.