|Elevation||244 m (801 ft)|
|• Total||about 45,000|
|• Official||Hindi हिंदी|
|• Spoken||Ahirwati अहीर्वती|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Dharuhera is the fastest growing census town in the state of Haryana, India. Dharuhera comes under Delhi NCR region and it is a big Industrial hub in Rewari District. Dharuhera is the new growth corridor of Gurgaon and New Delhi. It is only an hour drive from the Indira Gandhi International Airport and 27 km from Gurgaon. It connects Rajasthan to the capital, New Delhi, through the National Highway 8. It is a prime choice for industrialists, investors, and real estate developers due to its location. Dharuhera is located in what's colloquially referred as Ahirwal region of Haryana.
As of 2011[update] India census, Dharuhera had a population of 30,344. As of 2011[update] males constituted 54.09% of the population and females 45.91%. Dharuhera had an average literacy rate of 83.18%, higher than the state average of 75.55% and national average of 74.04%: male literacy was 90.21% and, female literacy was 74.92%. 14.60% of the population was under 6 years of age. As of 2013[update], after rapid growth, the population is estimated to be 45,000. The Scheduled Castes constitutes of 16.10% of total population of Dharuhera
The economy of Dharuhera was mainly agrarian dominated until recently. Dharuhera industrial estate has provided some employment to the local people. Of late, initiated by an industrial estate developed by the state of Haryana, much of the agricultural land has been developed by real estate developers. As the urbanisation and construction activity extends from Delhi, Dharuhera is now a preferred location for investors in real estate and built properties.
Dharuhera industrial estate is located on both sides of NH8 and has many large manufacturing plants such as Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (formerly Hero Honda Motors Ltd.), Venus Engineers (Opp. Power House) and DELPHI Automotive Systems Pvt. Ltd (a global MNC). Dharuhera also has India’s biggest dairy plant Amul, Carlsberg beer factory, Lumax Industries Ltd., Dharuhera Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd., Rico Auto Industries, Sehgal Paper Mills, East India Synthetics, and Indian Oil Corporation.
Real Estate Developers
- Dwarkadhis Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- Anandam Estate (MG Housing Private Limited)
- Tulip Infratech Pvt. Ltd.
- Vardhman Developers
- The Essentia
- Lotus Green city
- Piyush Horizon
- Avalon Rangoli
- Armada Residency
- Bestech Parkview Delight
- M2K Freedom Apartments
- Dwarkadhis Buildwell Group - shopping mall
Dharuhera is about a 40-minute drive from Gurgaon and 60 minutes from Indira Gandhi International Airport. Due to its proximity to Gurgaon and New Delhi, Dharuhera had all the makings of the next big satellite city in the region, with a number of developers running projects here, but it has been deprived by the short sightedness of the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA). The town lacks good public sector healthcare, educational institutes, recreational centres, public spaces, leisure parks, libraries, art galleries, places for performing arts, stadiums, swimming pools, theatres, multiplex (one is coming up at Bestech city), and parking spaces in markets. It even lacks a proper crematorium or burial ground. To be fair to Dharuhera, the town planners in Haryana are generally regarded as incompetent and have done no damage to their reputation as probably the worst town planners in the country. The town lacks adequate drainage facilities and usually the parts near the NH-8 and Bhiwadi are submerged even after the slightest rain, due to planning mistakes. But lack of affordable real estate in National Capital Region has made people overlook these problems and it remains one of the most promising real estates in not only NCR but the whole of India.
See also places
- Asgar Qadri (16 July 2013). "A Small Town Near Gurgaon Wrestles With Change". The New York Times. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
The town is named after a local military commander named Dharu, who made a halt with his convoy at this place. Hence the name 'Dharuhera'. The place gained prominence after Hero Honda (Now Hero) started production of motorcycles here. A lot of industries have made it their home since.
- "Gurgaon tops the demand charts in residential, office and retail space". The Times Of India. 15 August 2012.
- "Population by religion community - 2011". www.Census2011.co.in.
- http://www.asianage.com/india/haryana-gets-india-s-biggest-dairy-plant-763[permanent dead link]
- "Carlsberg expands base". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 1 November 2012.
- "Lumax Industries Ltd. :: Contact Us :: Locations". lumaxindustries.com.
- "DPL Homes,Sector - 22 & 24, Dharuhera".
- "Anandam Estate,Sector - 19 & 24, Dharuhera".
- "Dharuhera and Bhiwadi can be the next Gurgaon". magicbricks.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- Dharuhera: Indian state of Haryana and in close proximity to NH8 – one of the busiest national highway of the subcontinent- is growing up to be among the most promising destination : DPL 24 High Street is launched its kind of first Commercial Project in Dharuhera by Dpl Homes adjecent to Casa Romana.