Dharwad (Lok Sabha constituency)
|Current MP||Pralhad Joshi|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Assembly Constituencies||Navalgund, Kundgol, Dharwad, Hubli-Dharwad-East (SC), Hubli-Dharwad-Central, Hubli-Dharwad-West, Kalghatgi, an Shiggaon.|
Dharwad Lok Sabha constituency (Kannada: ಧಾರವಾಡ ಲೋಕ ಸಭೆ ಚುನಾವಣಾ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರ) is one of the 28 Lok Sabha (lower house of Indian parliament) constituencies in Karnataka, a state in southern India. This constituency was created as a part of the delimitation of the parliamentary constituencies in 2008, based on the recommendations of the Delimitation Commission of India constituted in 2002. It first held elections in 2009 and its first member of parliament was Pralhad Joshi of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). As of the latest election in 2014, Joshi represents this constituency.
As of 2014, Dharwad Lok Sabha constituency comprises the following eight Vidhan Sabha (legislative assembly) segments:
Before delimitation, Navalgund, Dharwad and Kalghatgi Legislative Assembly segments were part of the former Dharwad North constituency and Kundgol and Shiggaon Legislative Assembly segments were part of the former Dharwad South constituency.
Members of Parliament
General election 2009
|INC||Manjunath Channappa Kunnur||309,123||38.73||N/A|
|NCP||Mahesh Gurupadayya Talakallamath||7,176||0.90||N/A|
|Independent||Shankarappa Gurushiddappa Yadavannavar||6,502||0.81||N/A|
|JD(U)||Hanumantsa Chandrakantsa Niranjan||4,921||0.62||N/A|
|Independent||Bagwan Nasir Papulsab||2,967||0.37||N/A|
|Independent||Ramachandra Kalingappa Mahar||2,673||0.33||N/A|
|Independent||Basavaraj Ramanna Balannavar||2,477||0.31||N/A|
|Independent||Basanagouda Mudigouda Hanasi||2,029||0.25||N/A|
|Independent||Gurupadagouda Venkanagouda Patil||1,423||0.18||N/A|
|Independent||Ali M. Sandimani||1,199||0.15||N/A|
|Independent||Ashok Vishnusa Baddi||912||0.11||N/A|
|Margin of victory||137,663||17.24||N/A|
|BJP win (new seat)|
General election 2014
|JD(S)||Banakapur Hanumanthappa Mallappa||8,836||0.85||N/A|
|BSP||Irappa Bharamappa Madar||6,858||0.66||-0.09|
|Independent||Pramod Hanumantharao Muthalik||5,465||0.52||N/A|
|RPI(A)||Gurushantappa H. Chalavadi||4,128||0.40||N/A|
|Independent||Vikas B. Soppin||2,174||0.21||N/A|
|SUCI(C)||Gangadhar S. Badiger||1,785||0.17||N/A|
|Independent||Maruti Ramappa Hanasi||1,587||0.15||N/A|
|Independent||Shakeel Abdulsattar Dodwad||1,368||0.13||N/A|
|Independent||Irshad Begam Adhoni||1,053||0.10||N/A|
|Independent||Imamsab Mehboobsab Torgal||995||0.10||N/A|
|NOTA||None of the above||12,937||1.24||N/A|
|Margin of victory||111,657||10.73||-6.51|
- Dharwad North (Lok Sabha constituency)
- Dharwad South (Lok Sabha constituency)
- Dharwad district
- List of Constituencies of the Lok Sabha
- "Parliamentary Constituency wise Turnout for General Election – 2014". Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. p. 207.
- "BJP makes early start". The Hindu. N. Ram. 17 March 2009. Retrieved 1 April 2010.
- "Constituency Wise Detailed Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India. pp. 58–59. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Dharwad". Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 28 June 2014.