This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Than Phu Ying|
Dhanawalaya in childhood with her mother.
Dhasanawalaya Ratanakul Serireongrit|
11 November 1945
Sinthu Sornsongkram (m. 1973)
Than Phu Ying Dhasanawalaya Sornsongkram (Thai: ทัศนาวลัย ศรสงคราม; Thai pronunciation: [tʰát.sà(ʔ).nāː.wá(ʔ).laj sǒːn.sǒŋ.kʰrāːm]; RTGS: Thatsanawalai Sonsongkhram), née Dhasanawalaya Ratanakul Serireongrit (Thai: ทัศนาวลัย รัตนกุล เสรีเริงฤทธิ์; RTGS: Thatsanawalai Rattanakun Serireongrit; born 11 November 1945 in Switzerland), is the only daughter of Galyani Vadhana, Princess of Naradhiwas and niece of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
Early life and education
Dhasanawalaya Ratanakul Serireongrit was born on November 11, 1945 in Switzerland. She is the only daughter of Galyani Vadhana, Princess of Naradhiwas and Colonel Aram Ratanakul Serireongrit, son of General Charun Rattanakun Seriroengrit.
At the age of 6, she returned to Thailand with her uncle, King Bhumibol and her aunt-in Law, Queen Sirikit, by ship. After arriving in Thailand, she continued her education at Mater Dei School, Triam Udom Suksa School and Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University. After graduation, she continued her studies in Switzerland.
During her time studying in Switzerland, she met Sinthu Sornsongkram, who was a civil servant at the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern. They married on 12 November 1973. They have a son, Army Captain Jitat Sornsongkram.
Career and later life
Thanpuying Dhasanawalaya Sorasongkram has been a lecturer in the Faculty of Economics, Chulalongkorn University.
Titles and Styles
- Miss Dhasanawalaya Ratanakul Serireongrit (11 November 1945 – 12 November 1973).
- Mrs. Dhasanawalaya Sornsongkram (12 November 1973 – 5 May 1975).
- Khunying Dhasanawalaya Sornsongkram (5 May 1975 – 5 May 1986).
- Thanpuying Dhasanawalaya Sornsongkram (5 May 1986 – Present).
- Dame Grand Commander (Second Class, Upper Grade) of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
- Dame Grand Cordon (Special Class) of The Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
- Dame Grand Cordon (Special Class) of The Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- Dame Grand Cross (First Class) of The Most Admirable Order of the Direkgunabhorn
- King Rama IX Royal Cypher Medal (First Class)
|Ancestors of Dhasanawalaya Sornsongkram|
- "Give respect to Thanpuying Dhasanawalaya Sornsongkram". Mahidol University. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "A royal and not-so-royal past". The Nation (Thailand). 5 January 2008. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "HM the King visits Queen, in hospital for checkup". The Nation (Thailand). 2 October 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Princess' Stories A royal and not-so-royal past". The Nation (Thailand). Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Movie stars bring HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana remembrance pin to sell to cabinet". www.thaigov.go.th. 30 July 2008. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "ท่านผู้หญิงทัศนาวลัย ศรสงคราม พระธิดาองค์เดียว ในสมเด็จพระเจ้าพี่นางเธอฯ". eduzones.com. 4 January 2008. Retrieved 6 March 2011.