|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Dhatrigram is located on the agriculturally rich alluvial plains between the Bhagirathi, Ajay and Damodar rivers. Temperatures in this region varies from 17-18 °C in winter to 30-32 °C in summer.
Dhatrigram responded warmly to the movement against partition of Bengal in 1905. Many people in the town had close links with Kolkata and the liberal trend then affecting the metropolis flowed into this small town for many years. Sailesh Chatterjee is an expressive and imaginative painter. He was born in Dhatrigram 
As per the 2011 Census of India Dhatrigram had a total population of 9,951, of which 5,137 (52%) were males and 4,814 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 826. The total number of literates in Dhatrigram was 7,704 (84.43% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Dhatrigram had a population of 9,609. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Dhatrigram has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76% and, female literacy is 60%. In Dhatrigram, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
It is a weaving centre with a name for cotton and silk saris.
After partition of India, many skilled weavers of Dhaka came and settled in West Bengal around Shantipur in Nadia district and Ambika Kalna of Bardhaman district, both traditionally renowned centres for hand-woven fabrics. With government encouragement and support, the talented weavers soon revived their ancestral occupation and the art of exquisite weaving once again flourished. Today, finely woven feather-touch textiles and saris in exotic designs and colours are being produced in the vast weaving belt of Shantipur, Phulia, Samudragarh, Dhatrigram and Ambika Kalna—each centre producing superb fabrics in its own unique weaving style. Dhatrigram produces jacquards and jamdanis. The produce is marketed through co-operatives and various undertakings.
Dhatrigram has many primary and two higher secondary schools
- Dhatrigram High School
2. Dhatrigram Balika Vidyalaya
3.Gramkalna High School.
Saraswati & Jagatdhatri Puja is celebrated in Dhatigram and many cultural programmes are held during this occasion. Sailesh Chatterjee created landscape paintings of Dhatrigram village(Village Series). He is a contemporary Indian painter.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (in Bengali) , Vol I, p. 15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, p. 19
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, pp. 429-431
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, p. 664
- "A Traditional Panorama - Bengal Art". Arts and Crafts in India. India Profile. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- Railway local time table
- I 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003 Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.