This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Number of Union Councils||1|
|• Total||2 sq mi (5 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||+5|
|Postal code type|
Dhaunkal (Urdu, Punjabi دھونکل), is a town and Union Council in Wazirabad Tehsil, Gujranwala District, Punjab, Pakistan. It is located on the Lahore-Islamabad Highway, 28 kilometres from the district capital Gujranwala and about 15 kilometres from Gujrat. Dhaunkal is one of the biggest and oldest towns in Wazirabad Tehsil. The population of Dhaunkal is 25000, of which 10000 registered to vote. Due to access to transportation, it is possible to get to Dhaunkal from all over Pakistan in 24 hours because NHA provides full access.
There are several main clans - the Naqvi, Jalib, Jawanda, Kalair, Cheema, Warraich, Sandhu, Araein, Rajpoot and Samra, which own almost 3600 acres and 10 marlas of land. Rice and wheat cultivation and the raising of cattle - water buffaloes and cows - are the primary agricultural activities. Dhaunkal's principal natural resources are arable land and water. About 75% of Dhaunkal's total land area is under cultivation, and it is serviced by a large irrigation system made up of canals.
Dhaunkal is famous as Sakhi Sarwar ki Nagri (a town of Sakhi Sarwar). 95% of its population are Muslims, and Christians make up the remaining 5%. They Have their own church & have complete freedom of their rights. Sikhs and Hindus are migrated and disappeared due to partition and communal riots before August 15th 1947.
Sufi Saints in Dhaunkal
- Chilla Gaah of Sakhi Sarwar Sayyed Ahmed Sultan, Lakkh Data Deewan Lala Wali Sarkar
- The shrine of Syed Shah Sawwar is located near the Chilla Gaah of Sakhi Sarwar.
- Pir Syed Sardar Shah Badshah is a Majzoob Sufi saint whose shrine is also in Dhaunkal.
- Judicial Complex Wazirabad
- Wazirabad Cardiology Hospital
- Many CNG stations and petrol pumps
- Rural Health Centre
- Union Council Offices
- Water Supply Office
- Pakistan Post Office
- Pakistan Railway Station
- Superior group of colleges Wazirabad campus
- 2 Banks with ATM
- Govt boys high school
- Govt girls high school
- 4 Govt primary schools
- Private schools
- Cricket and Football grounds
- Dhaunkal railway station
Villages of Dhaunkal Union Council
- Jandiala Dhabwala
- Chak Baig
- Borre Wali
- Nawan Pind
- Kot Hussain
- Kot Fazal Ahmed
The climate of Dhaunkal changes quite drastically through the year. The summer periods last from June through September when the temperature reaches 36-42 degrees Celsius. The coldest months are usually November to February. The temperature can drop to seven degrees Celsius. The highest precipitation months are usually July and August when the monsoon season hits Punjab Province. During the other months the average rainfall is roughly 25 mm. The driest months are usually November through April, when little rainfall is seen.
|Climate data for Dhaunkal|
|Average high °C (°F)||19.0
|Average low °C (°F)||6.0
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||18.0
|Mean monthly sunshine hours||220.1||217.5||244.9||276||306.9||270||226.3||235.6||267||291.4||261||223.2||3,039.9|
|Source: My Weather2|
- Dhaunkal Stars Cricket Club was established in 2001. Ahmad Mujtaba and Imran Aslam were founder DSCC is affiliated with the Pakistan Cricket Board and District Cricket Association of Gujranwala.
- Sakhi Sarwar Cricket Club Dhaunkal. Sakhi Sarwar cricket club is the first cricket club of Dhaunkal which affiliated with the Pakistan cricket board. Asmat Ali Tashi and many other local cricket stars are the founder of the Sakhi Sarwar cricket club in 1986.
- Sakhi Sarwar Football Club Dhaunkal
- Dhaunkal star junior football club Dhaunkal
- Badminton teams
- "GUJRANWALA BLOCKWISE" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2020-11-07.
- "Punjab Local Government & Community Development Department Notification" (PDF). lgcd.punjab.gov.pk. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- Rashid, Salman (1992). Gujranwala, The Glory That Was. Sang-e-Meel Publications. p. 73. ISBN 978-969-35-0191-9.
- "Dhaunkal's Climate Profile". My Weather2. Retrieved 2010-05-06.