Derai is an administrative unit, known as Union council, of Swat District in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. People living there belongs to yousafzai tribe.As yousafzai is divided into many branches.So, most of the people in dherai belongs to ALIKHANKHAIL(sub branch of yousafzai) tribe which is again divided into 3 subs i-BARAKHANKHAIL ii-Awdal khel iii- SULTAN KHEL
Most of the people are also earning their livelihood in foreign countries.
It is believed that Alexander the Great came through this area and stayed at Derai/Derai for two days.
Dherai kaley is the birthplace of many people that contributed and are contributing for the well fare of nation.
- Dr. Mohammad Salim Khan:Incharge Salim Medical Centre, Dherai, Senior Staff member Saidu Teaching Hospital, Swat.
- Saeed khan (senior politician PTI)
- Muhammad Zaheen Khan: Ex Nazim and Senior Politician Awami National Party, Pakistan
- Shamsher Ali Khan (martyr):Former Member of Provincial Assembly (MPA) Khyber Pukhtunkhwa Awami National Party, Pakistan
- Qari Roohullah (Ex- Federal Minister for religious affairs.
▪ Engr Mukhtar Ahmad Civil Engineer working in private sector & Ex-social worker ▪Dr Abdus Samad khan (Ex- MS of Saidu Hospital ▪ Ismail Shahnamy Graduate Madina University
|This Swat District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|