Dhiraj C Rajaram (born in 1975) is the founder, chairman and CEO of Mu Sigma Inc, the world's largest provider of analytics and decision sciences solutions. He was born in 1975 Chennai, India and brought up in Bengaluru, India.
Rajaram completed his bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy, M.S. in computer engineering from Wayne State University Michigan and MBA from Booth School of Business University of Chicago. After completing his education, Rajaram worked as a management consultant at Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) in the US and Booz Allen Hamilton India.
After quitting his job from Booz Allen Hamilton India, Rajaram started the data analytics company Mu Sigma Inc. in Bengaluru, Karnataka, 2004.The company provides solutions to over 125 Fortune 500 companies. Mu Sigma is also known to have a culture which is responsive to change. In 2016, Fortune named Mu Sigma to the Unicorn category-the billion dollar technology startup.
Rajaram was listed as one of Fortune Magazine's "40 under 40" in 2011 and again in 2013. He was also awarded the Gold Stevie Award for Executive of the Year in 2012. In 2012, Mu Sigma founder, chairman and CEO, was awarded the Entrepreneur Of The Year India Award in Services sector by Ernst and Young India. In early 2014, Rajaram was awarded the Young Turk award at the CNBC TV18 India Business Leaders Awards.
- "ET Awards 2014: How Mu Sigma's Dhiraj Rajaram, Entrepreneur of the Year, raised one of biggest global data companies". The Economic Times. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Jayadevan PK (5 December 2016). "Mu Sigma's chairman Dhiraj Rajaram re-emerges as controlling shareholder". Factor Daily.
- Sneha Shah (12 July 2017). "Mu Sigma's chairman Dhiraj Rajaram re-emerges as controlling shareholder". The Economic Times.
- "Master of data universe". Business Today. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Dhiraj Rajaram". Bloomberg. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Mu Sigma's Dhiraj Rajaram still makes time for things worth pursuing". The Economic Times. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Big Data Specialist Draws Big Clients, Big VC Funding". Forbes. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Why Uber Needs A Mu Sigma Culture To Survive". Forbes. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "THE UNICORN LIST". Fortune. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Fortune's 40 under 40 -- The hottest young stars in business". Fortune. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "2012 Management Awards Category Stevie Award Winners". The International Business Awards. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Presenting the winners of EY Entrepreneur Of The Year India Award 2012". Ernst and Young. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Mu Sigma CEO Dhiraj Rajaram wins CNBC TV18's Young Turk Award". IIFL. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Eat, date, ring your humble Pi". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Executive Profile: Dhiraj Rajaram". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 27 February 2015.