Suryadevara in 2018
|Alma mater||Ethiraj college for women University of Madras|
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Harvard Business School
|Occupation||Chief Financial Officer|
Early life and education
Suryadevara studied in St John's Senior Secondary School in Mandaveli, Chennai. She later went on to pursue Chartered Accountancy at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. She is also a chartered financial analyst, and has an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Suryadevara started her career at PricewaterhouseCoopers while attending the University of Madras. She then interned at the World Bank in 2002 and went on to UBS as an investment banker.[when?] She joined General Motors in 2004. In 2013, she was appointed the CEO and chief investment officer of GM Asset Management. In 2015, she accepted a role as Vice President of Finance and Treasurer. In 2017, she became Vice President of Corporate Finance at General Motors.
- George, Varghese K. (23 June 2018). "Who is Dhivya Suryadevara?". The Hindu.
- Viswanath, Madhumitha (21 June 2018). "Dhivya Suryadevara: From St John's, Chennai to General Motors CFO". The New Indian Express.
- Thomas, Maria (13 June 2018). "A Chennai girl's rise from Madras University to General Motors's first female CFO". Quartz.
- Churchill, Lexi (June 15, 2018). "GM's new 39-year-old CFO Dhivya Suryadevara is making history". CNBC.
- Burden, Melissa (June 13, 2018). "GM appoints new vice president of finance and treasurer". The Detroit News.
- "Dhivya Suryadevara, 39". Fortune. Archived from the original on March 22, 2019. Retrieved May 30, 2019.
Dhivya Suryadevara, 39.