This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dhruva software is a cloud data protection and management software company based in Pune.It specialities in endpoint backup,data loss prevention,secure file sharing, cloud server backup and archiving,server backup and disaster recovery.
|Founder||Jaspreet Singh,Milind Borate,Romani Kothandaraman|
|Asia Pacific, Middle East, America|
Number of employees
It was founded by an alumnus of IIT-Guwahati Jaspreet Singh along with Milind Borate and Romani Kothandaraman who were his colleagues at tech company Veritas.The three engineers pooled saving of about RS 300,000 to launch the company rented out a room in Suburban Pune in 2008. They successful built a data security and retrieval software company. After realising the core portion of this market would remain with large firms.The company focused on protecting endpoint devices including smartphones,laptop and tablets.
It is built on Amazon Web Service platform. It has 4000 customers including some big names like Siemens, Xerox, Deloitte,Marriott, Zoetis, US space agency NASA and drugmaker Pfizer. It offers software as a service for backup,disaster recovery, archival and analytics on the cloud.It is investing in new solution around data intelligence using machine learning analytics and providing more workload coverage. It has a team of about 700 people and will expand that to 1000 by the end of 2019.It also has a R&D facility in Pune.It is present in seven countries and planning to expand in other countries also.Its revenue is nearly $100million in 2019 and is growing at 50% per year. In 2019 it acquired usa based cloud protection firm Cloudlane in an undisclose sum of money.
In 2010 it raised $5million in series A funding led by Sequoia capital India, Angel investor Indian Angel Network (IAN).
In 2014 it raised $25million in series D funding.
In 2019 it raised $130million in a new funding led by Viking Global Investors.
Award and Recognition
- Recognised in Deloitte's technology fast 500 in three consecutive years.
1. Sarimul Islam Choudhury (6 April 2010) sequoia-leads-5m-series-round-druva-software Vc circle.
2. 8 August 2019 Druva-Expands-Executive-Team-Company-Continues-Phase Business Wire.
3. Narinder Kapur (19 July 2019) sequoia-nexus-backed-unicorn-druva-acquires-cloud-data-firm-cloudlanes VC Circle
4. Peerzada Abrar (20 June 2019) data-protection-startup-druva-s-valuation-crosses-1-bn-joins-unicorn-club Business Standard .
5. 11 June 2019 New-Druva-Global-Headquarters-Marks-Major-Milestone Business Wire.
6. Priyanka Sangani (20 June 2019).data-protection-firm-druva-joins-the-unicorn-club-with-130m-funding ETtech.
7. J Vignesh ( 23 August 2017 ) druva-raises-80-million-funding-from-riverwood-capital Economic Times.
8. Priyanka Sangani ( 21 June 2019 ).130m-funding-brings-unicorn-tag-to-druva Economic Times.
9. Sadhana Chathurvedula, Ashna Ambre ( 7 September 2016 ) www.livemint.com Livemint.
11. Geeta Nair ( 28 September 2018 )
druva-inches-closer-to-1-bn-valuation-mark Financial Express.