5.1 / April 19, 2017
|License||GNU General Public License, commercial|
- Module structure: the philosophy that lies under DHTMLX library implies that each components is a separate and self-sufficient entity which can be used individually to ensure some specific part of application, e.g. navigation menu, treeview, datagrid, or date picker. Although, the components API allows organizing them in a common interface layout.
- Desktop-like functionality: drag-and-drop, in-line editing, clipboard operations, data validation, interactivity via Ajax. Starting from version 2.5 UI components can have skin and behavior similar to standard Window's UI elements.
- Client-to-server communication: library is fully client-side and can be used with any back-end languages or databases. Additionally, ready to use communication layer (dhtmlxConnector) can be used to manage this client-server communication with PHP, .NET, ColdFusion, or Java.
- Visual Designer: DHTMLX comes with a Visual Designer tool that allows developers to build web application interface in a visual, codeless environment. Built-in form builder provides a simplified way to create web forms based on the dhtmlxForm component.
- Theming: the coloring of the components interface can be customized via online SkinBuilder, which generates necessary CSS files and images to provide the coloring theme chosen by developers. Starting from version 2.6, there are multiple skin presets available.
- Cross-browser: the library works in all modern browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari.
- DataGrid: the most mature and developed DHTMLX component with solid features, can be extended to hierarchical grid (TreeGrid - not available under the GPL license)
- Navigation: treemenu, menu, tabs, and accordion
- Layout: dataview, layout, and popup windows
- Form: form validation, form data is retrieved and saved back to database automatically
Other DHTMLX products (not included in dhtmlxSuite):
- Scheduler: events calendar, or scheduler, also available as Joomla! and WordPress plugins
- ASP.NET Scheduler: event calendar for ASP.NET applications
- JavaPlanner: event calendar for Java (supports Spring MVC, Grails, and Struts frameworks). In 2017 the development and support of JavaPlanner library was discontinued.
- Gantt Chart: interactive Gantt chart component
- Ajax (programming)
- List of widget toolkits
- "Create an Ajax Web site using dhtmlxGrid to present data".
- "Licenses". DHTMLX. Dinamenta, UAB. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "dhtmlxScheduler Joomla! Extension".
- "dhtmlxScheduler WordPress Plugin".