|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Dakshin|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Samserganj|
Dhulian has been mentioned as an inland water transport (IWT) trading point between Murshidabad and the city of Rajshahi in Bangladesh. Low-cost barges could potentially ply the Ganges river, called Padma in downstream Bangladesh, exchanging goods and reducing smuggling. This proposal has not been agreed to yet by the two countries.
Dhulian is located at  It has an average elevation of 4 metres (13 feet)..
In the 2011 census, Dhulian Urban Agglomeration had a population of 239,022, out of which 119,151 were males and 119,871 were females. The 0–6 years population was 45,483. Effective literacy rate for the 7+ population was 60.06 per cent.
As of 2001[update] India census, Dhulian had a population of 72,906. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Dhulian has an average literacy rate of 39%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 48% and, female literacy is 31%. In Dhulian, 20% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Kanchantala J.D.J Institution (Est 1897)
- The Future Shining Academy
- Dhuliyan Netaji
- Dhuliyan Balika Vidyalaya
- Dhuliyan B.C. Agarwala Balika Vidyalaya
- Dhuliyan High Madrasah
- Dhuliyan Krishna Kumar Santosh Kumar Smriti Vidyapith
- Live Computer Education
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Dhulian
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|