|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
As of 2000, Dhusamareb had a population of around 10,500 inhabitants. The broader Dhusamareb District has a total population of 91,260 residents. The town is largely inhabited by the Ayr and Sa'ad sub-clans of the Habar Gidir and Darod sub-clan Marehan.
The Dhusamareb University provides undergraduate degrees.
- Ahmed abdisalan Adan former depute of prime minister of Somalia
- Husien Ali Wehliye- Irfo Galgadud Regional Director
- Abdirahman Cali Maxamed Geda Qorow District Commissioner
- Abdi Farah Shirdon – former Prime Minister of Somalia
- Magool - famous Somali singer
- Hared Abdirahman Mohamed - Galgadud Youth
- Abdiweli Mohamed Ali Gaas - President of Puntland and former Prime Minister of Somalia former president Abdiqasim salad hassan
General mohamed Nur galaal
- "Somalia City & Town Population". Tageo. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Regions, districts, and their populations: Somalia 2005 (draft)" (PDF). UNDP. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Wax ka baro magacyada iyo tirada jaamacadaha ku yaala gobolada dalka Soomaaliya". Radio Iftin. Retrieved 20 April 2014.