|Società per azioni|
|Traded as||BIT: DIA|
|Gustavo Denegri (Chairman)|
Carlo Rosa (CEO)
|Products||In vitro diagnostics instruments and services|
|Revenue||€669 million (2018)|
Number of employees
DiaSorin is an Italian multinational biotechnology company that produces and markets in vitro diagnostics reagent kits used in immunodiagnostics and molecular diagnostics. The group was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Saluggia, Italy. The production platform of the Group is now divided into several plants located in Europe, the United States and Africa: Saluggia and Gerenzano (Italy), Dietzenbach (Germany), Stillwater, Minnesota (US), Dartford (UK) and Kyalami (South Africa). The company is a constituent of the FTSE Italia Mid Cap index.
DiaSorin focuses its efforts to 8 fields of immunodiagnostics: Infectious diseases, Bone and Mineral, Endocrinology, Hypertension, Oncology, Gastro-Intestinal infections, Autoimmunity and Brain and Cardiac markers.
The company is also active in molecular diagnostics for infectious diseases and for the detection of some forms of leukemia.
DiaSorin develops, manufactures and markets tests for the diagnosis of infectious diseases or hormonal disorders. The diagnostic tests are aimed at both private and hospital analysis laboratories worldwide, in immunodiagnostics and molecular diagnostics markets.
In molecular diagnostics, DiaSorin offers the market diversified proprietary platforms based on the 3 phases of the detection process: extraction, amplification and diagnosis.
The origins of the company date back to 1968, when near Vercelli on an initiative of Fiat and Montecatini, the "Sorin Biomedica" was founded by the "Società Ricerche Impianti Nucleari - Sorin". In 1997 the Company acquired control of American Incstar Inc., and part of its operations were later sold to American Standard Inc. DiaSorin was founded in 2000, through a management buyout operation led by the Italians Carlo Rosa and Gustavo Denegri.
In 2002 DiaSorin acquired BYC Sangtec and the rights to the LIAISON platform. The commercial expansion led to the opening of new branches in Mexico, Israel, and China. The LIAISON portfolio was enriched with products for new and clinical specialty areas. In the same year the Group started the conversion of the tests previously developed with ELISA technology on the most recent and automated CLIA.
In 2014 the company obtained the approval of Hepatitis, Retrovirus tests in China; in the same year, DiaSorin launched new tests to detect leukemias. DiaSorin Group signed an agreement in 2015 with Beckman Coulter for the commercialization in China of DiaSorin Hepatitis and HIV tests.
In 2017, a partnership with Qiagen offered an automated solution for detection of tuberculosis with QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus available on the LIAISON analyzers. That was also the year of the Siemens Healthineers ELISA business acquisition.
In October 2018 the Saluggia branch began a partnership with Meridian for the distribution of a Helicobacter pylori detection test in the United States and United Kingdom. The companies have put in place a framenwork under which they may work together on the development of new tests and products..
|Shareholder (2018)||Share %|
|Even Chen Menachem||5.442%|
DiaSorin is listed since 2007 in the Italian Stock Exchange and today in the FTSE Italy Mid Cap Index.
|(in thousand Euros)||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018|
|Sales and service revenues||206,3||244,6||304,1||404,5||440||433,7||434,8||443,7||449,1||569,3||637,4||669,2|
|Cost of sales||(73,8)||(84)||(90,4)||(119,8)||(126,1)||(136,4)||(135,1)||(145)||(157,2)||(180,1)||(205,5)||(214,4)|
|Profit before taxes||44,1||59,8||103,7||144,9||158,2||137,4||129,3||128,1||150,1||168,1||178,7||204,4|
|Chief Executive Officer||Carlo Rosa|
|Senior Corporate VP e Chief Financial Officer||Piergiorgio Pedron|
|Chief Commercial Officer||Chen Even|
|Senior Corporate VP Human Resources||Stefano Ronchi|
- Cite error: The named reference
fy2018was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Annual Financial Report at December 31, 2017". Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "DiaSorin - Annual Financial Report 2017" (PDF).
- "DiaSorin - Our History".
- "DiaSorin: "Via da Dublino grazie al patent box. Ma ora maggiori certezze"". 16 April 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "Borsa Italiana - DiaSorin".
- "DiaSorin and Beckman Coulter Form Strategic Partnership to Bring the Liaison XL Hepatitis and HIV Products to the U.S. Market".
- "DiaSorin to Acquire Quest's Focus Diagnostics for $300M". GEN.
- "DiaSorin Completes Acquistion of the Focus Diagnostics' Molecular and Immunoassay Product Business from Quest Diagnostics".
- "DiaSorin to acquire ELISA immunodiagnostic business portfolio and associated assets from SIEMENS HEALTHINEERS".
- "DiaSorin and Meridian Enter Into a Strategic Collaboration to Sell Helicobacter Pylori Stool Antigen Test in the United States and in the United Kingdom".
- "Diasorin official website, Total shareholders' basis". Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "Diasorin official website". Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "About us". Retrieved 24 November 2013.
|This Italian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|