Diabetes Mine is a Web 2.0 (Health 2.0) web log focused on issues related to diabetes. Written by Amy Tenderich, DiabetesMine offers news, analysis and opinions on issues that relate to the diabetes community. In addition, the author offers personal perspectives, experiences and observations, and encourages readers to do the same.
Readers can contribute to DiabetesMine by submitting their personal stories of diagnosis and the challenges of living with diabetes. Partners and loved ones of people with diabetes can also participate in a section called “The Diabetic Partner Follies.” Updated almost daily, DiabetesMine is an online hub for the online diabetes community. Diabetes Mine has been mentioned a number of times in the media, including Business Week and Fox News.
Amy Tenderich was diagnosed in May 2003 with type 1 diabetes while in her mid-thirties. Then a freelance journalist for the IT industry, she approached the subject of diabetes with a writer's curiosity. Now a contributor on diabetes for HealthCentral.com and a monthly columnist for dLife, Amy has co-authored a book called "Know Your Numbers, Outlive Your Diabetes".
- "Best Blogs: 10 Health Web Sites Worth a Click". Fox News. 2006-12-04. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- About Me Archived January 11, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Amy Tenderich, Health Guide. "Diabetes - Amy Tenderich". Healthcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- "Diabetes - Amy Tenderich's SharePosts". Healthcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Straight Up with Amy Tenderich Archived October 20, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Know Your Numbers, Outlive Your Diabetes: 5 Essential Health Factors You Can Master to Enjoy a Long and Healthy Life (Marlowe Diabetes Library): Richard Jackson, Amy Tenderich: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-11-24.