Cover of Diabolik Lovers: Haunted Dark Bridal "Limited V Edition" for PlayStation Vita.
|Genre||Drama, harem, Mystery, Horror, Romance|
Haunted Dark Bridal
PS Vita (Limited V Edition)
PS Vita / PS TV (Limited V Edition)
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Shinobu Tagashira|
|Written by||Seiko Nagatsu|
|Music by||Yuki Hayashi|
|Original network||AT-X, niconico|
|Original run||September 16, 2013 – December 9, 2013|
|Episodes||12 + 1 OVA|
|Platform||PS Vita, PS TV|
|Platform||PS Vita, PS TV|
|Anime television series|
|Diabolik Lovers More, Blood|
|Directed by||Risako Yoshida|
|Written by||Hiroko Kusanagi|
|Original run||September 23, 2015 – December 9, 2015|
|Platform||PS Vita, PS TV|
|Platform||PS Vita, PS TV|
Diabolik Lovers (Japanese: ディアボリックラヴァーズ Hepburn: Diaborikku Ravāzu?) is a Japanese visual novel franchise by Rejet. Its first entry was released on October 11, 2012 for the PlayStation Portable system. Thus far the franchise has released six games with the first two having been remastered for the PlayStation Vita and released as "Limited V Editions". The franchise has brought forth two 12-episode television anime adaptations by Zexcs which aired from September 16, 2013 to December 9, 2013 and September 23, 2015 to December 9, 2015. The first series was followed by an OVA which was included in Diabolik Lovers: Dark Fate on February 28, 2015. Two well received stage plays also ran in August 2015 and August 2016.
Players take on the role as Yui Komori (小森 ユイ Komori Yui?, - default name), who can choose from a variety of male characters as her love interest. In Diabolik Lovers, every playable character's route is split into three sections: Dark, Maniac and Ecstasy. Each of these three sections is split into a prologue, ten subsections, and an epilogue. There are three possible endings for each character based in your choices. Thus far five games have been released:
- Diabolik Lovers: Haunted Dark Bridal
- Diabolik Lovers: More, Blood
- Diabolik Lovers: Vandead Carnival
- Diabolik Lovers: Dark Fate
- Diabolik Lovers: Lunatic Parade
- Diabolik Lovers: Lost Eden
The heroine, Komori Yui, was a normal teenage girl until in her second year of high school; her father, a priest, has to go overseas for work. As a result, Yui is forced to move to a new town and arrives alone at a mansion she was told will be her new home. As she approaches the front door it begins to rain. Because no one answers her knock, she reaches for the knob, however the door swings open on its own accord. Yui enters the mansion to find no one in sight. As she starts to explore her immediate surroundings, she finds Ayato asleep on a couch. He wakes up as she approaches him and promptly pins her down. As she begins to panic, five other young men gradually appear. Yui notices something different about all of them. She discovers that all six of them are brothers but by three different mothers, and they all turn out to be vampires. She gets her blood sucked each episode while the boys continuously use pick up lines.
Diabolik Lovers More, Blood
After living with the Sakamakis' for a month, Yui starts to have strange dreams and apparitions regarding a mysterious "Eve". One night, on their way to school, the brothers and Yui get involved in an unexplainable fiery car crash. The next day four vampire brothers come to the house and kidnap her. What will happen with the Sakamakis', will she come back?
- Yui Komori (小森 ゆい Komori Yui?)
- Voiced by: Rie Suegara (Japanese); Maggie Flecknoe (English)
- Yui is the heroine of the Diabolik Lovers series. She is a kind and gentle 17-year-old student who used to live with her father, a priest who owns his own church. After her father moves overseas for work, she was forced to live in a mansion with six mysterious brothers who are actually vampires. In the beginning she was skeptical of their supernatural nature, but came to find no other solution. In a struggle for survival she decides to live with them while bearing the fear of being attacked by each of them. She is the sacrificial bride legend of the Sakamaki vampires. Despite being mistreated by the vampires, Yui always responds to them with kindness and attempts to understand them better. In the first episode of the anime adaption, it is revealed that she is adopted and hence, begins to investigate her past. She also starts suffering chest pains while living with the Sakamaki's, due to the fact that her heart was originally Cordelia's, who was the mother of the triplets; Ayato, Kanato and Laito. This explains why all of the brothers were highly drawn to her Yui's blood. She is also said to have the blood of Eve from Adam and Eve.
- Sakamaki household
- The Sakamaki brothers are the sons of Karlheinz, but from three different mothers. The oldest sons, Shu and Reiji were conceived by Karlheinz's second wife, Beatrix. The triplets; Ayato, Kanato and Laito were born from Karlheinz's first wife, Cordlia. The youngest, Subaru came from Karlheinz's third wife, Christa. Even though they are brothers, they don't get along with each other and they seem rather distant due to the way they were brought up.
- Shū Sakamaki (逆巻 シュウ Sakamaki Shū?)
- Voiced by: Kōsuke Toriumi (Japanese); Ty Mahany (English)
- Shū is the oldest son of the Sakamaki household and the current master of the mansion. He is the first son of Beatrix. Shu grew up being given to much unwanted attention from his mother. Due to his mothers rivalry with Cordelia to be Karlheinz's best wife, she put all the pressures on the young Shu. He is one of the brothers who seems to have any prior knowledge of Yui's arrival, mentioning "that person" had contacted him asking to have her stay with them as a guest. According to the students of the school, Shu is the owner of the music room and can always be found sleeping there. Yui needs to use a lot of persuasion in order to get him awake and do something for himself. Shu loves music despite being apathetic and lazy. His only friend was a human boy named Edgar, who died in a fire, set on his village by Reiji. Shu was unable to save him, so he thought that his life was limited from humans. Despite Shu being the eldest, he's never responsible for looking after his brothers and the house. Instead, he mostly pushes these duties onto Reiji.
- Reiji Sakamaki (逆巻 レイジ Sakamaki Reiji?)
- Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi (Japanese); David Wald (English)
- Reiji is the second son of the Sakamaki brothers and the second son of Beatrix. He is very formal, and is generally the most composed aside from Shu. Although Shu is his only full blood brother, he despises him for being the supposed favourite of their mother, since he was neglected due to Cordelia's hostilities. He eventually took his anger out by setting fire to Edgar's village when Shu refused to listen to their mother. When it seemed that Edgar's death wasn't enough impress his mother and made Shu withdrawn, Reiji took out his anger again by hiring a vampire hunter to assassinate Beatrix. He later regretted this when she died at peace; happy to be freed from Cordelia's harassments and to be able to witness her son's mark of adulthood. He values rules and demands that the others follow them, even though many of his decrees are odd and self-made. Reiji chooses to be the role model of the house even though he is the second son. Although Reiji has a very polite attitude and almost always acts like a gentleman, he is a man of very harsh words. Along with his passion for experimenting and making drugged potions, he loves to collect kitchenware.
- Ayato Sakamaki (逆巻 アヤト Sakamaki Ayato?)
- Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (Japanese); Chris Patton (English)
- Ayato is the third son of the Sakamaki brothers. As a child, Ayato was similarly put pressure upon to be the best, just as Shu was. But unlike Shu, he never received love from his mother. He was beaten and abused by her to the point where she attempted to drown him if he was not the best. Therefore, he grew up always having to be the best, and being self centered, and overconfident. He refers to himself most of the time as "Ore-sama". Due to never receiving any type of love from his mother, he is unable to love, and is at first cold towards Yui. Though over time starts to warm up to her and care for her. He is the first from the Sakamaki's to appear at the beginning of the first episode of the anime, as well as the first one to drink Yui's blood.
- Kanato Sakamaki (逆巻 カナト Sakamaki Kanato?)
- Voiced by: Yūki Kaji (Japanese); Corey Hartzog (English)
- Kanato is the fourth son of the Sakamaki brothers, the second oldest of the triplets, and is usually referred to as the "problem triplet". He is the second son of Cordelia. As a child, he received little attention from his mother. He has dark circle undertones under his eyes, which may be from a lack of sleep, light purple hair and light purple eyes. Very often, his mother would have sexual encounters with different men right in front of him. Due to being neglected by his mother, he often played alone and talked to his dolls, usually to his precious Teddy which he will take with him everywhere. However, there were occasions when his mother would request him to sing for her, because of his beautiful voice and she nicknamed him her "little songbird". Kanato tends to cry often and gets violently angry when he doesn't get his demands. That aside, he is quite attached to Yui. He speaks politely, but is extremely sadistic and tends to display violent outbursts, most noticeably to Yui. He is also shown to be abusive. He is also obsessed with the dead to the point where he prefers them to the living. After he and his brothers killed their mother, he burned her body and placed her cremated remains in his Teddy.
- Laito Sakamaki (逆巻 ライト Sakamaki Raito?)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Hirakawa (Japanese); Blake Shepard (English)
- Laito is the fifth son of the Sakamaki brothers. He was abused by his mother and began seeing her as a lover rather than a parent. When Karlheinz found out about the unusual relationship between them, he locked him in the basement. Later Cordelia went to see him and told him that she was now having sexual relations with someone else and had only been using Laito for pleasure. The overall shock and the situation ended up with Laito becoming perverted and not having a clear understanding of love. He is always cheerful and loves to joke but is similar to Ayato when teasing Yui. However, his personality suddenly changes when something goes against his wishes, usually when Yui is too defiant around him. However, Laito has a phobia of insects, specifically spiders.
- Subaru Sakamaki (逆巻 スバル Sakamaki Subaru?)
- Voiced by: Takashi Kondō (Japanese); Josh Grelle (English)
- Subaru is the sixth and youngest of the Sakamaki brothers. He is the only son of Christa. He first shows himself when he notices Yui's human scent and went to investigate its source. He is usually alone and never cares about whats happening around him. However, he easily gets angry and resorts to violence, going as far as to break everything when he gets extremely angered. He manages to compress this side when around Yui, but is still prone to outbursts. There is a tsundere side of him that only Yui can see. He's a delinquent type and loves to damage things.
- Mukami household
- The Mukami brothers were new characters who debuted in the second version of the franchise, Diabolik Lovers, More Blood. Unlike the Sakamaki brothers, they are not blood-related to one another. They were originally humans who were later turned into vampires by Karlheinz, who serves as their benefactor. The Mukami brothers made their first anime appearances in the OVA of Diabolik Lovers and appear as new characters in the second season of the anime.
- Ruki Mukami (無神 ルキ Mukami Ruki?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Adam Gibbs (English)
- Ruki is the eldest son of the Mukami family and is known as the 'Brains' of the group. When he was still a human, Ruki was the son of an aristocrat, and as a child; he was spoilt and arrogant until his family went bankrupt. He became an orphan after his father committed suicide while his mother ran away with her secret lover. This caused Ruki to distrust people since his mother never came back for him even when she told him in a letter that she still loves him. Ruki eventually ended up in the orphanage where he was bullied by the other orphans and mistreated by the staff since he was a former aristocrat, until he met his brothers, Kou, Yuma and Azusa. He devised a plan to escape the orphanage which failed when he and his brothers got shot by the orphanage staff, resulting him getting branded as 'livestock' on the back as punishment. Just as he was dying, he met the Sakamaki's father, Karlheinz, who offered him another chance to live, but as vampires. Ruki immediately accepted the offer; seeing this as a chance to get revenge on those who abused him and deprived him of humanity. As the leader of the Mukami's, Ruki is a cruel manipulator with a cool attitude who is able to keep things under his control and a bit of kudere which Yui notices. He is often seen carrying a book around with him, which is said to be a memento of his father. He is the first from the Mukami's to drink Yui's blood in the second season of the anime. He is also rivals with Ayato and seems to enjoy taunting and provoking him when it comes to Yui.
- Kou Mukami (無神 コウ Mukami Kou?)
- Voiced by: Ryōhei Kimura (Japanese); Bryson Baugus (English)
- Kou is the second son of the Mukami family. When he was still a human, Kou was an orphan who was abandoned in a manhole, thus having no knowledge of his birth parents. His only desire that time was to see the vast blue sky out of his manhole. He eventually ended up in the orphanage and became a playtoy for the aristocrats due to his beauty. He was abused everyday and he forced himself to accept being a playtoy since he was able to have a lot of 'nice' things from the orphanage. This resulted him losing his right eye and since his wounds weren't given time to heal, he ended up having scars all over his body. As a result, Kou grew up believing that the world is about 'give-and-take'. He met his brothers, Ruki, Yuma and Azusa and attempted to escape the orphanage with them, but got shot by the orphanage staff. He met Karlheinz as he was dying and was offered another chance to live, but as vampires. Kou accepted the offer in order to see the blue sky again and after he was turned into a vampire, he was given a magical prosthesis eye that enables him to see into people's hearts. He is also a haraguro type which only happens when something doesn't go his way or he isn't given anything back. On top of that, he is an idol in the 'present' human world which gives him the advantage of using his beautiful and pristine features to deceive his fans and others. He is also rivals with Subaru and seems to enjoy provoking him when it comes to Yui.
- Yuma Mukami (無神 ユーマ Mukami Yuuma?) / Edgar (エドガー Edogā?)
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Japanese); Andrew Love (English)
- Yuma is the third son of the Mukami family and is the tallest out of his brothers. Yuma is actually Edgar, Shu's only human friend whom Shu thought had perished in a fire. Yuma, then Edgar had actually survived the fire due to unknown circumstances, but had lost all his memories of his past and who he was, resulting him suffering from amnesia. He later joined a street gang and went under the name 'Bear'. In order to survive on the streets, he had to abandon his timidness and innocent traits; becoming, rough, violent, aggressive, rebellious and dominating over time. The rest of his gang got killed during a coup d'etat and by unfortunate luck, he was the only survivor. He ended up in the orphanage where he met his brothers, Ruki, Kou and Azusa and attempted to escape with them, but got shot by the orphanage staff. He met Karlheinz as he was dying and was offered another chance to live, but as vampires. He accepted the offer, seeing this as another chance to fulfill his gang boss's dream; to get rid of the aristocrats and have a world where there are no social classes. Karlheinz renamed him "Yuma" after he was turned into a vampire. Whenever Yuma gets angry, he normally goes on rampages. He is a delinquent type with a passion for vegetable gardening and a bit of a tsundere which Yui notices. Shu recognizes Yuma as Edgar, but refuses to believe it at first, thinking it's only his imagination. Reiji however, realizes that Yuma is actually Edgar some time after Shu.
- Azusa Mukami (無神 アズサ Mukami Azusa?)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio (Japanese); Greg Ayres (English)
- Azusa is the fourth and youngest son of the Mukami family. When he was still a human, Azusa was an orphan who had no knowledge of his birth parents. He also doubted his existence and believed that his life had no meaning, until he was picked up by three thieving children named; Justin, Melissa and Christina, who would constantly beat him up for any ridiculous reason. However, the more Azusa was beatened up, he began to enjoy it and started seeing pain as his meaning of existence, believing that being able to feel pain would confirm that you're alive. This continued until Justin, Melissa and Christina were killed when they attempted to rob an aristocrat. Azusa started constantly cutting himself after their deaths and named three prominent cuts on his arm to immortalize them. He soon ended up in the orphanage and became a punching bag for the other orphans until he met his brothers, Ruki, Kou and Yuma. When Ruki devised a plan to escape from the orphanage, Azusa was hesitant until Ruki punched him. He agreed to go along with the escape plan and was shot by the orphanage staff. Karlheinz appeared before him as he was dying and offered him another chance to live, but as vampires. Azusa accepted the offer in order to feel pain again and was considered a pitiful human before being turned into a vampire. He is the only one out of the Mukami's who seems to be 'decent' towards Yui. The way he speaks is quite timid and he is a bit of a yandere. He is also rivals with Kanato and seems to enjoy provoking him.
- Tsukinami household
- The Tsukinami brothers were new characters who were introduced in the fourth game of the franchise. They are the original Founders of the vampires who attempt to kidnap Yui for unknown reasons. They first appeared in the OAD of Diabolik Lovers and they will also be included in the second season of the anime.
- Carla Tsukinami (月浪 カルラ Tsukinami Karura?)
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese); Josh Morrison (English)
- The First Blood King. He is also the elder brother of the founding vampires,possesses both intelligence and reason. However, he hides a secret sadistic violence underneath that. Within his long lifespan, he has a lazy and calm character. Alongside his younger brother Shin, Carla is one of the last two remaining members of the founders' bloodline. As a founder, he has the ability to transform into a wolf, snake, bat and an eagle. He, however, never uses those forms, because he possesses the highest level of magic which makes him extremely powerful. And if he wasn't sick from the Endzeit, he probably would have been more powerful than Karlheinz.
- Shin Tsukinami (月浪 シン Tsukinami Shin?)
- Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo (Japanese); Houston Hayes (English)
- The younger brother of Carla. He possesses a high pride due to being a founder, he looks down upon vampires of other bloodlines. Beautiful blood is his preference and often utters narcissistic remarks. Ordinarily his words are polite, but when he loses his temper his speech will become violent and often contain hurtful or insensitive words. Alongside his older brother Carla, Shin is one of the last two remaining members of the founders' bloodline. He has the ability to transform into a wolf, snake, bat and an eagle. However, he prefers using his wolf form. He has high strength, speed, and regenerative abilities. He is able to wield a sword as well.
- Tougo Sakamaki (逆巻 透吾 Sakamaki Tōgo?) / Karlheinz (カールハインツ Kāruhaintsu?)
- Voiced by: Masataka Sawada (Japanese); John Swasey (English)
- Karlheinz is the father of the Sakamaki brothers, as well as the benefactor to the Mukami brothers. He is also the husband to; Cordelia, Beatrix and Christa. In the human world, he shapeshifts into Tougo Sakamaki, a famous politician (anime only). In Diabolik Lovers MORE BLOOD, he shapeshifts into school doctor, Rainheart, in order to keep an eye on his sons and the Mukami's as well as to observe his plan known as "Adam & Eve".
- Richter (リヒター Richter?)
- Voiced by: Jun Konno (Japanese); David Matranga (English)
- Richter is the younger brother of Karlheinz thus making him the uncle of the six Sakamaki brothers. Cordelia started having an affair with him and it is said that both he and Karlheinz fought over her once, but Karlheinz ended up winning her heart. In the anime, when Cordelia lay dying (after Laito pushed her off the balcony and before Kanato found her), she requested Richter to take out her heart and have it transplanted into another vessel. Richter had the heart implanted into Yui when she was still an infant and he handed her over to Seiji Komori, who raised Yui as his daughter since then. He later returns to the Sakamaki mansion and he starts watching over Yui from the shadows in order to observe the 'awakening'. It is later revealed that Richter never loved Cordelia from the very beginning and was only using her as a tool in order to become the next head of the Sakamaki family. As the 'awakening' is happening, he tries to resurrect Cordelia in Yui's body, but fails when he is fatally stabbed by Ayato and is finally killed by Laito at the end of the anime.
- Cordelia (コーデリア Kōderia?)
- Voiced by: Akane Tomonaga (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Cordelia was the daughter of a Demon Lord and is Karlheinz's first wife, as well as the mother of the triplets; Ayato, Kanato and Laito. Prior to the start of the series, she was killed by her sons, but Richter removed her heart and had it transplanted into Yui so she would be able to resurrect in a different body. Cordelia also despises Karlheinz's second wife, Beatrix, since she was the first to conceive children instead of her. She tried to make her sons look better than Beatrix's by pushing her oldest triplet, Ayato to always be the best in an unloving way. In the anime, when the 'awakening' occurs, she possesses Yui and attempts to annilihate the Sakamaki brothers with Richter's help which backfires when Richter reveals that he never loved her from the very beginning. In the final episode of the anime, Cordelia is finally destroyed and permanently removed from Yui's body.
- Beatrix (ベアトリクス Beatorikusu?)
- Voiced by: Mana Hirata (Japanese); Luci Christian (English)
- Beatrix is Karlheinz's second wife and the mother of Shu and Reiji. Not much is said about her marriage to Karlheinz, but even though she was the second wife, she conceived before Cordelia making Shu and Reiji the oldest sons. Cordelia despised her because of that and constantly tormented her. This caused Beatrix to end up focusing all her attention on her first-born, Shu, in order to groom him into Karlheinz's heir, while unintentionally neglecting her second-born, Reiji. In reality, Beatrix truly loved both her sons and cared for them sincerely, but she found it difficult to express those feelings due to her serious and awkward personality. She was later killed by a vampire hunter whom Reiji hired, but Beatrix died at peace; happy to be freed from Cordelia's harassments and her regrets of how she had raised her sons.
- Christa (クリスタ Kurisuta?)
- Voiced by: Yuki Tashiro (Japanese); Brittney Karbowski (English)
- Christa is Karlheinz's third wife and the mother of Subaru. Before she met Karlheinz, she was known as the "White Rose" by all vampires because of her beauty and kindness. Karlheinz married her leading to Subaru's birth. Christa became mentally unstable when she discovered Karlheinz saw her merely as another experiment. Subaru began to believe that it was his fault for being conceived and he was constantly pressured by his mother to kill her with a silver knife that can annihilate vampires.
- Seiji Komori (小森 セイジ Komori Seiji?)
- Seiji is Yui's priest father who runs his own church. Not much is said about him, but prior to the start of the series, he suddenly had to go overseas for work and left Yui in the care of the Sakamaki's. In the anime, Yui finds out that he is not her real father after discovering his diary. He is later revealed to be a vampire hunter whom Reiji once hired to assassinate his mother, Beatrix.
An anime adaptation was first announced at a 2013 event called the "Rejet Fes 2013 Viva La Revolution". During the "Otomate Party 2013" event later that year, it was announced that the adaptation would be directed by Atsushi Matsumoto and produced by the Zexcs studio. It later premiered on AT-X along with online streaming on Niconico between September 16 and December 9, 2013. Crunchyroll also picked the adaptation up for streaming in territories including the United States and Canada. It was subsequently licensed by Sentai Filmworks and was released with an English dub and subtitles by the company on a 2-disc DVD volume set on December 2, 2014. This adaptation features three pieces of theme music. The opening theme is "Mr.SADISTIC NIGHT" performed by Hikaru Midorikawa and Kōsuke Toriumi. The ending theme is "Nightmare" performed by Yuki Hayashi. The second opening is "Kindan no 666" performed by Ryōhei Kimura and Daisuke Kishio. The DVD contained several mini-dramas depicting events that occurred to the Sakamaki's off-screen during the anime. An OVA episode was bundled together with the Diabolik Lovers: Dark Fate game and released on February 28, 2015. The Blu-ray edition of the series was released in 2015.
A second anime adaptation was licensed by Sentai Filmworks and released September 2015, entitled Diabolik Lovers More, Blood. The anime was directed by Risako Yoshida and written by Hiroko Kusanagi with a returning voice cast. The series comprised 12 episodes and ran from September 23 - December 3, 2015. The Blu-ray DVD edition of the second series was released on 4th Januuary 2017 and the Diabolik Lovers II: More, Blood Complete Collection will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on March 28, 2017.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Episode 1"||September 16, 2013|
|Yui arrives in the mysterious house and meets the six brothers who are actually vampires but none of them knew about her arrival except Shu who explains that he received a call the other day from a man and he told him to keep her safe and not to kill her. Soon, Yui learns that she is the prospective bride and she tries to run but ends up in an abandoned room where she finds her dad's diary and discovers that she is adopted. The episode ends with Yui yelling for help as she was cornered by the six brothers.|
|2||"Episode 2"||September 23, 2013|
|It is the first day at a new high school for Yui but she finds it strange that the high school is at night. On their way to school she notices that all the brothers are different from each other and don't seem to get along. Later at school Ayato forces himself on Yui and sucks her blood and does not stop until Reiji comes and tells him to take his activities to his private room. Later, Ayato throws Yui in the swimming pool and orders her to say that he is great but Yui can't swim and asks for help. Ayato then has a flashback of his childhood and after that he jumps in the pool to save Yui. He kisses Yui underwater to wake her up and suck her blood; Yui begs him to stop and he stops, telling her he will continue later. At the end of the episode Yui goes back to the abandoned room to see her dad's diary but finds it blank and is confused.|
|3||"Episode 3"||September 30, 2013|
|Yui eventually learns that the brothers are different from each other, since they all have different mothers, Shu and Reiji have the same mother, Ayato, Kanato and Laito are triplets from another mother, and Subaru has a different mother. After Yui grabs Shu's hand, an old memory comes into his head. When Shu sees that he held Yui's hand tight, he drags her to the tub and says he wants to suck her blood (possibly make her hate him so she's not too attached to him). Yui is shocked to think he was different, but he tells her he's a vampire. Later that night Ayato also tries to suck Yui's blood, but is annoyed to find bite marks on her neck, Ayato challenges Shu to play darts with Yui as the prize. Shu wins the match and is about to leave, Laito pushes Yui towards him.|
|4||"Episode 4"||October 7, 2013|
|Yui tries once again in vain to try to contact her father, but is stopped by Kanato, who later decides to hide her backpack on the roof of the school as "punishment" for not bringing him the accommodations that he had asked for. As Yui goes to retrieve her belongings, she stumbles upon Laito, who seems to be citing strange words to the moon.|
|5||"Episode 5"||October 14, 2013|
|Kanato finds Yui in the rose garden as she tries to sort out the new information about who betrayed her and gave her up as a sacrifice. He beckons her to follow him so he may show off a graveyard containing the grave of his mother. Assuming he would like some time alone, Yui attempts to leave which only infuriates Kanato with misplaced anger. Reeling from this experience, Yui wanders through the estate, and becomes worried when she hears groans coming from Reiji's room. Much to her folly, she enters the room to see if he needs help.|
|6||"Episode 6"||October 21, 2013|
|Yui refuses to accept that she should suddenly stop showing compassion towards the brothers merely because they are vampires, and allows herself to be led to one of Kanato's most favorite places in his little world. As she views his family's collection of wax figures all in bridal wear, she finds herself eerily aware that things are not as benign as they appear. Kanato confirms her suspicions and gleefully sets to adding her to their collection, until he is interrupted by a summons.|
|6.5||"Episode 6.5"||October 28, 2013|
|Recap of the previous episodes from Yui's point of view.|
|7||"Episode 7"||November 4, 2013|
|Yui is awakened by the sound of rain and looking from her window, she sees a mysterious woman in a purple dress. She becomes controlled by an unknown force, and goes all the way to a secret tunnel and through a door that leads to the past. There she sees the brothers as children. But after she discovers the truth of their past, she reappears in the tunnel and is found by a concerned Ayato, who instructs her not to return down there, especially during the rain.|
|8||"Episode 8"||November 11, 2013|
|Yui asks the triplets about the woman in the purple dress who she spotted in the garden, and learns the gruesome truth about what befell their mother. Yui runs out of the house in horror and collapses sobbing in the garden, only to be approached by Subaru, who demands she keep her distance from him, or else. Yui spends a sleepless night in her chamber, made less restful by the arrival of an unwanted guest.|
|9||"Episode 9"||November 18, 2013|
|Yui experiences more chest pains and leaves the mansion in the middle of the night to seek answers and finds Shu in an abandoned church. At first, he is unhelpful but quickly becomes interested in obliging her request for answers by forcibly tasting her blood to verify that is has indeed changed somehow. Richter then appears and takes Yui to the secret room where 'Cordelia' awakens and everyone feels it especially Ayato who goes to find her, to end up finding Yui's rosary on her bed.|
|10||"Episode 10"||November 25, 2013|
|Cordelia and Richter savor one another's company for the first time in ages, until Ayato interrupts, demanding to know what they have done to Yui.|
|11||"Episode 11"||December 2, 2013|
|While Cordelia and Richter catch up, Reiji appears, and Cordelia begins to tease him in a seductive way. He then rejects her, and Laito, Kanato, Subaru, and Shu all appear due to the commotion. As they discuss the situation, she gives a knife to Richter so he can "dispose" of all the boys for her. Richter does not follow suit, as it is revealed that he had been using Cordelia to further his plan of becoming head, much to her chagrin. Going after her heart, Ayato appears and tells the two to end the bickering, and that Yui belongs to him. As he and Richter duel in attempt to win Yui, Ayato is stabbed. Just then, Yui regains control of her body, and calls for Ayato. She then stabs herself in the heart in order to save everyone. Richter attempts to take Yui's heart, but is stabbed by Ayato. At that moment, Cordelia takes over Yui's body once more.|
|12||"Episode 12"||December 9, 2013|
|Returning from when Yui stabbed herself, Subaru takes out the silver knife. Richter then struggles to the attic where he has hidden Cordelia's dress, however Laito finds him. Meanwhile, Shu, Subaru, Kanato and Ayato are watching over Yui and the awakening takes place. Reiji makes a potion to kill Cordelia while she's in Yui's body, but in order to make the potion complete, he must have a piece of Cordelia. Kanato pulls Teddy apart to reveal a vial containing Cordelia's ashes and this makes the potion complete. Switching back to the attic, Laito sets fire to the dress and Richter, which then the fire kills him. Ayato then drinks the potion only to feed it to Yui through a kiss and calling her actual name. Yui then awakens, and notices all the brothers are with her. After the credits end, we see all the brothers talking to Yui, one-by-one. Resuming the episode, we see Yui on the balcony holding a rose, Ayato then walks up to her a returns her cross necklace. We then see the rose falling and the petals falling off, and chains locking Cordelia in the attic.|
|—||"OVA"||February 28, 2015|
|The four Mukami brothers infiltrate the Sakamaki mansion in search of Yui much to the annoyance of the six Sakamaki brothers.|
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|13 (1)||"Episode 13"||September 23, 2015|
|After living with the Sakamaki's for a month, Yui starts to have strange dreams and apparitions regarding a mysterious "Eve". One night, on their way to school, the brothers and Yui get involved in an unexplainable fiery car crash. The next morning, Yui finds herself unable to sleep after the events from yesterday and takes a stroll in the garden until voice calls out to her, addressing her as "Eve" and Yui is greeted by Kou, Yuma and Azusa Mukami. She runs from them until she is cornered by Ruki Mukami who tells her that they have come for her. The Mukami's grab her and she is knocked unconscious by Ruki.|
|14 (2)||"Episode 14"||September 30, 2015|
|Yui wakes up to find herself in the Mukami's mansion and the Mukami brothers introduce themselves. They tell her that she will be living with them from now on, because her - "Eve's" - blood will seek out an "Adam" amongst them. The Sakamaki's on the otherhand, ponder over her sudden disappearance, however they hope that she will eventually return. Meanwhile, Ruki sucks Yui's blood after chasing her down when she tries to escape. A mysterious bat observes this from the window.|
|15 (3)||"Episode 15"||October 7, 2015|
|Yui begins to notice how different the Mukami's are from the Sakamaki's. The Mukami's go to school, however they won't let Yui go because the Sakamaki's also go there. They leave Azusa in the mansion to monitor Yui for the day. Azusa invites Yui to his room to show off his knife collection, but things go haywire when he requests her to help him test out the sharpness of one of his knives.|
|16 (4)||"Episode 16"||October 14, 2015|
|Yuma drags Yui to help him in his garden. While harvesting, Yui learns something new from Yuma: the Mukami's were originally humans...|
|17 (5)||"Episode 17"||October 21, 2015|
|Kou gives Yui a bouquet of roses as a token of acquaintance. This makes her happy until he requests her to return the 'favor'. He wants something back from her; which is none other than her blood. Yui pushes Kou away when he gets too close to her, prompting him to reveal that he is not the person whom she thought he was...|
|18 (6)||"Episode 18"||October 28, 2015|
|The Mukami's allow Yui to go back to school. There, she bumps into Reiji, Laito and Kanato who each insert their comments on how she left them for the Mukami's. Yui is later on confronted by Subaru who drags her to the school roof where he demands some answers from her. He asks Yui if she really chose to be with the Mukami's, however their conversation is cut short when Kou interferes.|
|19 (7)||"Episode 19"||November 4, 2015|
|Yuma is curious about Shu, and inquires about him. They later make a surprise encounter with him. Elsewhere Ruki is beginning to become aware that he and his brothers may not be able to become "Adam" after all...|
|20 (8)||"Episode 20"||November 11, 2015|
|Due to his realization that he and his brothers may "not" be able to become "Adam", Ruki begins to act strangely to the extent where he confines Yui in a small room to forcefully suck her blood. As this happens, his brothers grow concerned for him and Yui as she becomes weaker. Ayato takes action abducting Yui to which Ruki offers no resistance much to the confusion of his brothers.|
|21 (9)||"Episode 21"||November 18, 2015|
|Ayato takes Yui back to the Sakamaki household.|
|22 (10)||"Episode 22"||November 25, 2015|
|Ruki remains distressed over the fact that he and his brothers may be unable to become "Adam", but things takes a turn for the worse when the Mukami's are attacked by a pack of wolves. Meanwhile, Kanato sucks Yui's blood until Azusa appears to ask Yui for help...|
|23 (11)||"Episode 23"||December 2, 2015|
|The Mukami Family are gather around an unconscious Ruki's bed, Azusa blaming himself for the injuries and the Apple of Adam Plan is explained. At night Yui and Ruki are talking about the plan alone and his belief it is impossible.|
|24 (12)||"Episode 24"||December 9, 2015|
|The Sakamaki's fight off the invading wolves following which Ayato pursues Yui to the Mukami household where an unlikely alliance is discussed.|
A Stage Play based on the first series of the anime ran in Rikkokai Theatre in Tokyo's Shinagawa ward from August 26 to August 30, 2015. It featured Japanese actors Taiki Yamazaki (Ayato), Shohei Hashimoto (Kanato), Katsuhiko Ibuka (Laito), Yuya Asato (Shu), Shungo Takasaki (Reiji), Kazumi Doi (Subaru), Ayumi Takamura (Yui), Yu Amemiya (Cordelia) and Takuma Obonro (Richter). The stage play received largely positive reviews and was released on DVD on the 24 February 2016. Guiya Ōta, the writer of the Amnesia musical script, wrote the script and Yūsei Naruse, the Hetalia~Singin' in the World~ musical's script writer, was the producer of the play.
A second Diabolik Lovers stage play titled Diabolik Lovers~re:requium~ ran in the Shinagawa Prince Hotel's Club eX event hall in Tokyo from August 24 to August 28, 2016. The cast from the original play returned with the exception of Shōhei Hashimoto (Kanato) who was replaced by Kaiki Ōhara and Takuma Obonro (Ritcher) who was replaced by Wataru Shiokawa. Guiya Ōta is returned as the script writer and Yūsei Naruse returned to produce the play at Office Inveider. The stage play received largely positive reviews and was released on DVD on 21 December 2016.
At the Diabolik Lovers More Blood Sadistic Night 2017 event it was announced that a third stage play is in development.
- "Diabolik Lovers - Sentai Filmworks". Sentai Filmworks. Retrieved September 17, 2014.
- "Aniplus HD to Air Diabolik Lovers More, Blood TV Anime on October 8". Anime News Network. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- "Diabolik Lovers Franchise of 6 Vampire Brothers Gets Anime". Anime News Network. February 17, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "ZEXCS Makes Diabolik Lovers Anime About Vampire Brothers". Anime News Network. June 9, 2013. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "Vampire TV Anime Diabolik Lovers Slated For September". Anime News Network. August 3, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Diabolik Lovers Vampire TV Anime Slated for September 16". Anime News Network. August 3, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Crunchyroll to Stream Vampire TV Anime Diabolik Lovers". Anime News Network. September 16, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Sentai Filmworks Adds Diabolik Lovers Vampire TV Anime". Anime News Network. September 3, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Diabolik Lovers DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)". RightStuf. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Diabolik Lovers Gets 2nd Anime Season, Stage Play". Anime News Network. February 9, 2015. Retrieved February 10, 2015.