From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Diagonalize)
|Look up diagonalization in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In mathematics, diagonalization may refer to:
- Matrix diagonalization, a construction of a diagonal matrix (with nonzero entries only on the main diagonal) that is similar to a given matrix
- Diagonal lemma, used to create self-referential sentences in formal logic
- Diagonal argument (disambiguation), various
- Cantor's diagonal argument, used to prove that the set of real numbers is not countable
- Table diagonalization, a form of data reduction used to make interpretation of tables and charts easier.
|This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.