|Born||May 6, 1977|
Atlanta, Georgia, US
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Occupation||Television writer, actor, producer, showrunner, and DJ|
|Television||Marlon (TV series)|
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Diallo Riddle (born May 6, 1977) is an American writer, producer, actor, showrunner, and DJ. He received an Emmy Award nomination for his work on the Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, co-starred in the NBC sitcom Marlon, and has been the co-creator of several different television series.
After attending Harvard University, Riddle served as a writer first on Comedy Central’s Chocolate News, then as a writer for the television show Late Night With Jimmy Fallon starting in 2008, where he was also a performer. Riddle also co-wrote Slow Jam The News with Barack Obama.
In 2013, Riddle filmed an HBO pilot for a show called The Reporters. Riddle then received a recurring role for the HBO show Silicon Valley. In 2015, HBO ordered a series written by and starring Riddle named Brothers in Atlanta. However, the order was canceled in early 2016.
In 2017, Comedy Central then picked up a new comedy series written by and starring Riddle entitled South Side. That year Riddle was also cast in a recurring role on the drama series Rise. Riddle is also a writer on the TBS series The Last O.G., starring Tracy Morgan. In the film industry, Riddle was involved in the music for the movie Baby Driver. He was also a writer for the television specials Taraji and Terrence’s White Hot Holidays and The Maya Rudolph Show.
On May 3, 2018, it was announced that IFC has picked up to series Sherman's Showcase, a scripted musical variety sketch comedy show which Riddle wrote with his writing partner Bashir Salahuddin. The series is produced by John Legend’s Get Lifted Film Co. and is set to air in 2019.
Awards and nominations
In 2011 Riddle was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Series through his work on Late Night. He was also nominated for a Writers Guild Award. In 2016 he received an additional nomination from the Writers Guild in the category of Comedy/Variety - Sketch Series for his work on Maya & Marty.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Diallo Riddle Talks 'Marlon' & Why He's Obsessed With Sitcoms - EBONY". EBONY. 14 August 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Interview With Diallo Riddle | Creative Mind". The Hedonist Magazine. 12 June 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- WOO, ELAINE (9 March 2002). "John Riddle Jr., 68; Artist and Curator". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (10 March 2016). "'Marlon' NBC Comedy Pilot Casts Diallo Riddle".
- "Bashir Salahuddin Opens Up About His South Side-Centric TV Comedy". DNAinfo Chicago.
- Andreeva, Nellie (10 June 2013). "HBO Greenlights Comedy Pilot From Lorne Michaels, Diallo Riddle & Bashir Salahuddin".
- TEGNA. "Comedian Diallo Riddle talks Atlanta, his work on".
- "'Marlon' Season 1 Spoilers: Synopses For Episodes 9 And 10 Released". 11 September 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (17 October 2017). "Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From 'Saturday Night Live', 'Late Night' Alums". Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Swartz, Tracy. "Comedy Central orders South Side workplace comedy pilot".
- "Comedy writer Diallo Riddle is creating a love letter to Chicago's South Side". 19 July 2017.
- Petski, Denise (10 October 2017). "'Rise': Diallo Riddle Set To Recur On NBC Drama Series".
- "Diallo Riddle". IMDb.
- Littleton, Cynthia (3 May 2018). "IFC Orders Sketch Comedy Series 'Sherman's Showcase'". Variety. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Petski, Denise (3 May 2018). "John Legend-Produced Variety Show From 'Late Night' Duo Gets IFC Series Order". Deadline. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Diallo Riddle". IMDb.