|Public limited company (FWB: DLG)|
|Headquarters||Reading, United Kingdom (operational), London, United Kingdom (registered office)|
|Richard Beyer (Chairman), Jalal Bagherli (CEO)|
|Products||Semiconductors, integrated circuits|
|Revenue||US$ 1,156.1 million (2014)|
|US$ 185.9 million (2014)|
|Profit||US$ 138.1 million (2014)|
|Total assets||US$ 1,005.9 million (2014)|
|Total equity||US$ 623.6 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|1500 (July 2015)|
Dialog Semiconductor PLC is a UK-based manufacturer of semiconductor based system solutions. The company is headquartered in the United Kingdom in Reading, with a global sales, R&D and marketing organization. Dialog creates highly integrated standard (ASSP) and custom (ASIC) mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs), optimised for smartphone, computing, IoT, LED Solid State Lighting (SSL) and smart home applications. Dialog operates a fabless business model, but maintains its own test and physical laboratories at its office in Kirchheim.
In 2015, it had approximately $1.35 billion in revenue and was one of the fastest growing European public semiconductor companies. It currently has approximately 1,650 employees worldwide. The company is listed on the Frankfurt (FWB: DLG) stock exchange (Regulated Market, Prime Standard, ISIN GB0059822006) and is a member of the German TecDax index.
On 10 February 2011, Dialog announced that it had completed a transaction to acquire SiTel Semiconductor B.V. ("SiTel"), a leader in short-range wireless, digital cordless and VoIP technology. In July 2013, Dialog announced that it has completed a transaction to acquire iWatt, a leader in AC/DC power conversion and solid state lighting technologies.
Dialog Semiconductor originated from the European operations of International Microelectronic Products, Inc. – a Silicon Valley company founded in 1981
- 1989 – Dialog Semiconductor formed as part of Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm (part of Daimler-Benz)
- March 1998 – Roland Pudelko appointed to CEO
- 1999 – Dialog Semiconductor plc formed, launched on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- October 2005 – Jalal Bagherli appointed to CEO, replacing Roland Pudelko
- February 2007 – Opens audio / power management R&D design centre in Edinburgh
- November 2008 – Wins NMI Award for SmartXtend PMOLED display driver technology
- February 2009 – Launches world’s first configurable power management IC
- September 2009 – Relocates to new Swindon facility
- October 2009 – Launches company’s first standalone audio codec
- December 2009 – Wins GSA’s EMEA Leadership Council award, and Elektra Company of the year / fabless semiconductor supplier of the year awards
- December 2010 – Launches world’s first 2D-3D image conversion IC for portable devices, wins GSA’s EMEA Leadership Council Award
- January 2011 – Opens larger Edinburgh audio / power management R&D design facility
- February 2011 – Acquires SiTel Semiconductor B.V.
- December 2012 – New Design Centers in Livorno, Italy and Istanbul, Turkey
- July 2013 – Acquires iWatt Inc. 
- December 2014 — New Design Center in Chandler, Arizona
- September 2015 – Announces agreement to acquire Atmel. This agreement was cancelled in January 2016 when Atmel agreed to be purchased by Microchip instead. To break the agreement, Atmel paid Dialog a termination fee of $137.3 million.
- November 2016 – Announces strategic partnership and $10 million investment with Energous Corporation 
- Power management
- Automotive and industrial
- Bluetooth Smart
- Digital enhanced cordless telecommunications (DECTs) and VoIP
- LED Solid State Lighting
- Power Conversion
- "Key Financial Statements 2008-2014" (PDF). Dialog Semiconductor. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "second quarter results 2015" (PDF). Dialog Semiconductor. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Dialog buys wireless, VoIP chip firm
- Dialog Semiconductor to buy U.S. peer Atmel for $4.6 billion; Reuters; September 20, 2015.
- Assis, Claudia. "Microchip Technology buys chip maker Atmel in $3.56 billion deal". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- Dialog Semiconductor Announces Strategic Partnership and Investment with Energous Corporation to Accelerate Wireless Charging Adoption