Dialogue for Hungary
|Founded||17 February 2013|
|Split from||Politics Can Be Different|
|European Parliament group||The Greens–European Free Alliance|
1 / 199
1 / 21
1 / 419
|Part of a series on|
Dialogue for Hungary (Hungarian: Párbeszéd Magyarországért, Párbeszéd), also known its shortened form Dialogue since September 2016, is a Hungarian green liberal political party, formed in February 2013, after having the Dialogue for Hungary Platform of the Politics Can Be Different (LMP) and eight MPs left the LMP party and established their new organization.
The party had formed a coalition with the "Together 2014" and they won together four seats in the national assembly and one seat in the European Parliament. The "Dialogue for Hungary" has taken one seat from the four in the Hungarian parliament and has one representative in Brussels.
On 24 August 2016, spokesperson Bence Tordai announced that the shortened form of the party's name will change to "Dialogue", and the Hungary word is removed. In September 2016, the party's logo is changed to Párbeszéd (Dialogue), and the "Hungary" name is removed.
For the Hungarian Parliament:
|Election year||National Assembly||Government|
| % of
overall seats won
1 / 199
For the European Parliament:
|Election year||# of overall votes||% of overall vote||# of overall seats won||+/-|
1 / 21
2 In an electoral alliance with Together (Együtt). They gained one seat, PM politician Benedek Jávor.
- "Beintett Bajnainak az LMP, lemondott Jávor Benedek". 18 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "LMP fails to elect new parliamentary group leader as split in party continues". 26 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Ismét Schiffer András az LMP-frakció vezetője". 26 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "LMP rejects proposals for new strategy at party congress". 27 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- "LMP splits over cooperation with Together 2014; caucus may remain intact". 28 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- "LMP rebels to establish Dialogue for Hungary as a full-fledged party". 4 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- "Eight breakaway LMP lawmakers to sit as independents". 11 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- "Jávor Benedek és Szabó Tímea vezetik a Párbeszéd Magyarországért tömörülést". 17 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-17.
- "Megszűntnek tekinti az LMP-frakciót a Fővárosi Közgyűlés". 22 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
- "Dunaújvárosi a Párbeszéd Magyarországért első helyi szervezete". 28 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
- "Former PM Bajnai’s political movement officially forms political party". 9 March 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "A PM-ből kiválik Magyarország". 2016-08-24. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- Official website (in Hungarian)